THE NOTE (1)

walking through the hallways was like walking through a movie. everybody was in their own world of thought, action, or creating something on a person's locker like writing crude things on it or random love notes to people. you pushed your way past a group of girls who were gossipping about joining the cheer squad next year, probably freshman this year as you walked to  your locker. 

you put in the combination, unlocking it, and putting away a few of your books. you were busy trying to find your spanish book when you noticed a small note sitting on the edge of one of your books. slowly, you grabbed it and opened it to read what the note said. 

"shit," you muttered, shutting your locker as you turned around and looked through the sea of people filling the hallways. through it, you couldn't find him and you were unsure about where he would be right now. you thought through a couple different options, seeing dustin, lucas, and mike walking into the building as you rushed over to them.

"do any of you know where eddie is?" you rushed. 

"shouldn't you know?" mike asked as you ignored the slight attitude he used. you weren't sure why he didn't like you so much, but you didn't care. it wasn't a fight to pick right now. 

"mike, shut up. i'm pretty sure he's at the soccer field, ______," dustin said as you thanked him before walking past the group and out the doors to go find him. you knew why he would be there, but you didn't want to do anything but talk to him about the note you had received. 

"what the hell is your issue with her?" dustin asked mike as lucas nodded in agreement, curious to know or even try to understand. mike shrugged, approaching his locker as he started to put in the combination. 

"nothing," he replied as lucas laughed a little. 

"there's no way that you have no issue with her when you're acting like a total douchebag about the smallest thing," lucas said as dustin nodded in agreement. "all she did was ask a question and it's like she's not allowed to."

dustin nodded, watching as mike sighed and grabbed two of the books he needed for the earlier classes of the day along with a couple of notebooks. 

"just tell us why the hell you have issues with her," dustin said. "cause nobody else in hellfire has issues with her. is it because she's a girl joining the group? is it because she's a little bit more reserved with a lot of things? is it because she's dating eddie?" 

he shut his locker on the last one, walking off as he grumbled.

"oh my god, i think we solved the mystery, lucas," dustin said, laughing a little.

"which is?"

"he likes her," dustin laughed, walking with him to his class as lucas shook his head, letting out a sigh.

"there's no way, dustin. he and el are still together, even though she's in california."

"he walked off when i said the thing about _______ dating eddie. it's the only thing that makes sense, lucas. think about it. he's being a douche to her, maybe that's just his weird way of showing that he likes her. and hell, he and el have been having some issues lately so honestly who knows," he explained, seeing lucas nod slightly in understanding as the bell rang. 
-

"shit, shit, shit," you muttered to yourself as you made your way to the soccer field to find eddie, staring down at the note as you ran into someone harshly, looking up to see eddie as he began apologizing. you shook your head, tucking some loose hair behind your ear as you tried to get him to stop apologizing to you. 

"eddie, calm down, you're fine," you told him as he nodded, looking down at you in worry. "i, um, i needed to show you this," you said, holding out the note to him as he took it, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion as you waited to see what he would say.