MONTHS

"______, please come with us," dustin begged as you looked down towards your white sneakers, biting the inside of your cheek as you hesitated to even move from the spot you were standing in on the gym floor. "he's a nice guy, i promise."

you sighed, looking over at the clock on the wall as mike joined the two of you.

"hey, is she coming?" he asked dustin as he shrugged his shoulders, not sure of your answer yet to his question.

"i'm trying to bribe her with eddie," dustin said as you felt your heart speed up at the mention of his name. you had heard jason say things about him that you knew weren't necessarily true, but you always had somewhat of a thing for him.

"why would you bribe her with eddie of all people? if anything, wouldn't you bribe her with steve?" mike questioned as you shifted a little before hearing the gym doors open. you turned around to see jason walking in with patrick and lucas, all heading in the direction that you were in.

"come on," you said to both of the guys as you pushed them out of the gym and into the closest hallway, dustin was giggling to himself as mike just kept his eyes on you the entire time.

the three of you began walking towards where the cafeteria was, the silence thick between all three of you. you were leading the way, your pony tail swinging in front of both dustin and mike as your white tennis shoes tapped the floor gently. your jeans held the small pin that chrissy had given you when you were on the cheer squad before you quit a while back.

"mike," dustin muttered as the three of you continued through the hallway. "why are you looking at her like that?" he asked as mike shook himself out of it.

"no reason," he muttered as dustin furrowed his eyebrows.

"you have a girlfriend, you know," he responded as mike nodded.

"yeah, i know," he said.

"then why are you looking at her like that? i'm trying to set her up with eddie considering the fact that eddie won't shut up about her," he reminded him as mike nodded a little, still staring at you and your swinging pony tail.

"where do you guys even sit in this place?" you asked dustin, turning around to face them as mike tried to get his eyes off of you. dustin pointed to a table where eddie was sitting at the end reading a magazine that one of his friends had bought him. "jesus," you mumbled, staring at him from where you were standing.

your eyes couldn't seem to get themselves off of him, the way he was just sitting there and you were obsessed with it. dustin nudged you in order to stop your staring.

"eddie, you know ______," dustin said as mike continued to stare at you in awe. you smiled briefly at him, the heat rushing to your face immediately as you tried to swallow it all down. eddie looked up from the magazine as he realized immediately who it was. the girl he had been staring at for months and pining over for months.

dustin might actually do it.

"hey, yeah," he said, standing up briskly and nearly knocking his chair over as mike observed him. dustin nudged his side sharply in order to get him to stop trying to pine over you. "hey, um, sorry about that," he laughed, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

"sorry for what? it's not everyday that a guy nearly breaks a chair for you," you joked, taking a seat next to dustin as eddie moved from his spot at the head of the table and came over to where you were. dustin smiled to himself as mike sat across from the three of you.

"so, how did dustin even get you to come over here? i mean, won't that balls in laundry baskets guy be pissed or some bullshit?" eddie questioned, leaning close enough to you to close the slight distance between the two of you as you smiled, trying to hold back the loud thumping in your chest.

"um, i don't think so, i mean," you started, trying to calm your nerves but dustin could read the two of you like a book. but it wasn't like it wasn't not obvious how you felt about him and how he felt about you. "jason should leave me alone considering i'm not on the cheer squad anymore."

"you were my favorite cheerleader actually," he said softly, staring at you with a small smile and a softness in your eyes as you blushed heavily. God, he was making this so difficult.

"why's that?" you asked, finally meeting his eye contact as you couldn't hide your feelings much anymore. eddie smiled, standing up and jokingly putting out his hand for you to grab. you stood up on your own, nudging him in the side slightly as you began to walk off and eddie following right after you.

mike's eyes never left you.

dustin looked over, noticing how he was looking at you and shook his head.

"mike," he said, getting his attention. "you can't date her. you have a girlfriend."

"i don't want to date her," he muttered, looking at you still as eddie followed after you outside the cafeteria.

"yeah, sure, considering that your eyes won't leave her alone," dustin muttered as mike just sighed, taking a bite of his food.
-

when you got outside of the cafeteria, eddie began to lead you down the hallway that was in the direction of where they had their hellfire club meetings. you were wanting him to break the silence of the two of you, but your heart was pounding so loudly you thought that he could hear it.

"so," you spoke up as eddie turned to look at you. "you going somewhere to kill me or?" you laughed a little, trying to ease the tension but mainly trying to calm your pounding heart.

he laughed along with you, continuing to lead you down the hallway.

"it does seem like something that i'd do, isn't it? i mean, i supposedly run a cult of devil worshippers," he responded.

"i mean, you dress the part, don't you?" you asked with a slight laugh as he smiled over at you.

"yeah, well, you'll see that i'm not so mean and scary," he responded as you laughed.

"oh, is this your way of calming down your victims?" you joked as he laughed, looking behind you both before opening the door to the room where he did the hellfire club meetings. you walked in before him, hearing the door shut as soon as he entered the room.

"welcome to hellfire club, ______," he said, smiling to himself about the club he had as you smiled to yourself about how proud he was about it.

"eddie, i gotta ask," you started as he walked around you and towards the table before turning back to see you asking the question. "did dustin tell you anything?"

"anything about?" he asked, trying to urge you to continue with your sentence as you shook your head, your ponytail swinging as you smiled to yourself.

"never mind," you muttered.

"you know," he began. "i was actually about to ask if dustin said anything to you about me?"

your head shot up as you looked over at him in confusion.

"wait," you started. "wait, let me get this straight. you, eddie munson, are asking dustin about me?" you asked him, smiling to yourself as he laughed a little, rubbing the back of his neck.

"yeah, man, look," he said awkwardly as you smiled over at him. "i mean, i don't want to come off too strong or anything, and i know he knows about my feelings considering i won't shut up about you to him," he muttered as you laughed a little.

"you know, you're cute when you're trying to hide it, eddie," you said with a slight laugh as he smiled back at you.

"so, you think the cult leader is cute?" he asked, moving a little closer to you with a sweet smile as you laughed some more. you don't think you had ever laughed so much in any relationship you'd ever had before.

"maybe," you responded, looking off towards the door as eddie came over and wrapped his arms around you. you smiled up at him, admiring his eyes from being so close. "so, can i start being called your girlfriend now?"

he nodded, smiling down at you.

"yeah," he replied.

"good God, finally, i've been wanting this for months," you said to him, laying your head down on his shoulder as he kept his grasp on you.

"as have i, princess," he responded, smiling widely to himself.