HALLOWEEN SHIVERS

"billy, i really don't want to go to this," you muttered, leaning against the doorway of his bedroom as he was staring at himself in the mirror, a cigarette between his lips. he was busy trying to figure out how many buttons to button on his shirt before his eyes flickered to yours. you looked away, looking towards the floor now. 

"why wouldn't you want to go?" he asked. "i'll be there, isn't that enough?" 

you shrugged, looking down towards your beat up shoes as he sighed, placing his hand gently on the side of your face. you turned your head to look up at him. 

"come on, we have to show harrington that we're so much better than him and that wheeler girl," he muttered, pressing his lips to yours before letting go and moving past you. you sighed, taking a look in his bedroom one last time before walking out into the hallway to follow him out to his car. 
-

you could smell the party before you even got inside the building. billy was quick to bring you around back where there was a keg set up as he instantly offered to do. he left you standing next to tommy who was starting to cheer on his newfound friend of some sort. you sighed, staring at your boyfriend before your eyes trailed off to random blades of grass. 

tommy elbowed you in the side, catching your attention once more. 

"aren't you proud of him! beating your old boyfriend so easily in this," he laughed as you shook your head, rushing inside the house, it was cold outside. as soon as you made it inside, you ran into the back of somebody as they turned around. 

"hey, hey, aren't you that hargrove's girl?" the guy asked, moving slightly closer as you shoved your way past him, trying to ignore it. the guy began following you, and you could hear his shoes hitting the floor behind you, even over the loud music. you were hyperfixated on the sound of danger approaching. you bumped into somebody else, realizing it was your ex boyfriend.

"_______, hey, what are-" he began to ask, leaning against the wall as you shook your head. 

"harrington, there's no time, this guy is freaking me out," you told him, pointing at the guy who took notice. steve hesitantly placed his arm around you, the guy backing off. you had no clue if it really worked, but he wasn't near you anymore. 

"thank you," you said, your eyes scanning over the room. "jesus, what's the appeal of this." 

steve laughed. 

"you still don't like parties," he laughed as you nodded, hitting him lightly in the arm. "sucks that you're dating a douchebag who does." 

you shrugged. 

"he's just, he's," you started to stumble, realizing you weren't exactly sure why you were even with him to begin with as steve raised his eyebrows. "he's just a little broken, that's all," you lied. 

"sure, broken," steve muttered, catching your attention once more. "i don't know, _______. i just, i wish you would date anybody else."

"well, you left me for nancy wheeler so a broken heart found a broken boy," you replied snappily, placing a hand to your head as you closed your eyes. "sorry," you apologized as steve nodded.

"it's a fair response," he replied, seeing nancy coming out of the bathroom as she took notice of you. 

"_______! hey! how are you? how's billy?" he asked as you shrugged, looking between the two of them. 

"he's being billy out in the back, who knows," you replied, your nerves spiking once more as steve took notice before clearing his throat and wrapping his arm around nancy's shoulders. you turned around at his signal as you realized what was happening.