FOR YOU (3)

the day seemed to drag on for eddie since he was in hiding and you were trying to help dustin out with any information. when you got home that night, you snuck past your mom and to your bedroom. you got the key from atop the doorway as you unlocked the door, entering your bedroom as you shut the door and locked it once more. 

"eddie?" you said, seeing him come out of your bathroom while carrying your perfume around. you snatched it out of his hand, giving him a questioning look. "what the hell are you doing?" 

"exploring, princess," he responded. "i'm stuck in your room all day."

you smiled, looking at the choice of perfume he was holding. 

"this one? really?" you asked, laughing some as eddie shrugged.

"that's the one you wear everyday, isn't it?" he asked as you nodded, looking back up at him as you set the perfume on your dresser. you turned back to face him as he kept his eyes on you. 

"so, what else did you explore then?" you asked him, walking over to your bed as you set your backpack down on it. 

"your closet, your bathroom, i found something you stole of mine," he said as your panicked eyes looked over at his while your hair swung slightly from you panicked looked at him. eddie smirked at you, walking aimlessly back over to your closet as you followed him quickly. 

"you found-?"

"oh yeah, i found it," he said as he opened the cabinet to the bathroom sink as you shut it quickly, causing him to stand up as he looked back at you with a smirk. you smiled sweetly at him, studying his demeanor as he pressed a kiss to your cheek. 

"no worries, _______," he muttered before leaving your bathroom. you sighed, looking in the mirror as you fixed your hair slightly before hearing eddie calling for you. you left the bathroom and joined him on the bed as you let out a sigh. 

"dustin and i have been working on trying to figure out what to do," you muttered as eddie nodded, pulling you into his arms as he held onto you. "you're so needy today," you laughed as he shrugged.

"well, i'm isolating myself from everybody so i don't get taken into the police station for a murder i didn't commit and all i have of my girlfriend is her perfume, her clothes, her special belongings, her stolen things from me, but not my girlfriend," he muttered as he kept you close. 

you laughed a little, keeping your hands on his as you started to talk to him about yours and dustin's plan. 

"so, we're trying to figure out what exactly could have happened that would start to even explain this," you said to him as eddie nodded, keeping you close. "dustin is working on a theory at the moment, so we just have to wait for him to tell robin, steve, and max."

"what about lucas?" eddie asked as you shook your head. 

"no, we're not exactly sure where he is."

there was silence between the two of you for a moment as you heard your mom coming up the stairs. you sat up quickly, pulling eddie up from the bed as you pushed him into the closet. you pressed a quick kiss to his lips before shutting the doors as he smiled to himself, watching your mother come in and talk to you.

"_______, is everything okay with you? you've been gone all day," she said as you nodded.

"mom, i'm fine. why are you so worried about me?" 

"because, honey, the news said that they're looking for eddie munson," she said as you stepped back from slight confusion and fear as your mom crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows at you. "your boyfriend."

"mom, what are you saying?"

"are you hiding him up here or something?" she asked you as you laughed slightly out of shock.

"why would i be hiding eddie?" you said, as your mom stood up and walked close to your closet. you shook your head, stopping her. "mom, come on. why can't you just trust me?" 

"he's your boyfriend, ______. i know that you'd do everything to help him," she said, turning to face you. eddie sighed slightly, about to open the door to confess when you leaned against the door. you knew him so well. 

"why would you assume that i'd hide him though? he's smart, he's probably hiding somewhere that nobody would think to look," you told her as she furrowed her eyebrows at you, studying your face as you stayed determined. 

"okay, fine. but i better not catch him alone up here, or for a matter of fact, with you alone in this room," she said as you scoffed slightly. 

"what the hell, mom? what are you saying? you think i'd sleep with him with you and dad's bedroom being below mine and aiden's room being across the hall from mine?" you said as your mom looked at you with a slightly shocked face. 

"so, you would sleep with him? do you have him over at night after we go to sleep? does he sneak in?" 

"what does it matter! he's my boyfriend, mom!" 

"and you're my daughter!"

you crossed your arms, waiting for her to leave your room.

"honey, he murdered somebody. i just want you to know who you're dating," she said, letting out a sigh as she leaned on your doorway. you looked over at her from the closet. 

"i know eddie, okay? i know him better than i know anybody else," you responded as she nodded before leaving and shutting the door. you locked it immediately afterwards as you opened the closet doors to see eddie walk out of it and pull you close as he spun you around slightly. 

"did that help?" he asked as you laughed a little, looking up at him.

"sorry you had to hear that," you said. 

"so, your mom doesn't like me. great."

you shook your head as eddie gently brushed some of the hair out of your face. 

"she's worried because of what the news is saying, that's all, babe," you told him softly as you leaned into his touch.

"well, now i know that i can sneak in at night to sleep with you," he laughed as you smiled back at him. 

"anytime you want, eddie."

there was a shared silence between the two of you as you enjoyed the peaceful feeling of being in his arms as you wrapped your arms around him and let out a sigh.

"i don't know how much longer you'll be safe here, eddie," you said softly as his thumb gently rubbed your back. "i want you to be safe. i need you to be safe." 

he nodded in understanding, pressing a kiss to the side of your head. 

"maybe dustin can find me a new place to stay," he said as you let go to look at him. 

"i don't want you to go," you said as your eyes studied his. 

"but you need me to be safe, angel. i need you to be safe as well, i don't want jason coming back here and finding out that i'm here and you get caught in the crossfire." 

you nodded, looking off to the side. 

"one more night?" you said, looking up at him shyly before looking back out the window. eddie's forefinger and middle finger rest on your chin as he turned your head back to face you. your eyes met his once more. 

"one more night," he said as you nodded, feeling his lips meet yours briefly before he rest his forehead on yours. "i promise."