EVERYTHING TO ME

author's note: information is available at the end of this chapter. please share it. it's so important, especially for people who struggle with suicide. 

trigger warning: overdose attempt

i'm writing this chapter out of awareness for how dangerous the attempt of overdosing/suicide is. i've struggled with it, many of  my friends have struggled with it, my family has struggled with it. this chapter is stranger things based, but it's also my way of spreading the important information in relation to suicide. please reach out to somebody if you're struggling- you are so important and so loved by so many. and if nobody tells you, then i'm telling you now- i love you. 

stay safe, friends. 

-

"you'll protect her, won't you, dustin?" he asked his friend as dustin nodded, tears streaming down his face as he held his friend in his arms. 

"i promise you i will, i promise," dustin responded as eddie thanked him, choking slightly before dustin heard his last breath. "eddie? eddie?" 

he knew he was gone, but it didn't seem possible. he didn't want to tell you because he knew how badly you would react but he knew that he had too. he couldn't not tell you what happened to your boyfriend.
-

after everybody had come back from the upside down, you were the last to come back through. you looked around the room, wondering where he was. 

"where's eddie?" you asked as dustin felt his heart twist up. 

he didn't want to tell you.

"______, can i talk to you privately?" 

you nodded, walking over to a private room as dustin shut the door. 

"um," he began as you shook your head, realizing what this had to be about. 

"no," you said, the tears coming to your eyes. "no, no, no. it's not possible. it's not real, he's going to come back." 

"he isn't, ________. he's gone," he forced out as you wanted to fall to the floor in sobs, but you walked over to the bed, sitting down as you stared down into the carpet of the bedroom. "he, uh, he asked, he asked me to take care of you," dustin continued. "and that was his dying wish, so i intend on keeping it, okay?" he said as you felt the tears spilling down your cheeks. 

"how did it happen?" you asked softly as dustin kept staring at you. 

"bats. he died a hero, ________. he died trying to give steve, robin, and nancy more time to kill vecna so that everybody else could live," he told you as you felt your stomach twisting into a knot. you wanted to scream, you wanted to cry, you wanted to throw up. you wanted to do so many things but your body wouldn't allow you to react in any way. 

"he was mine," you muttered. "he was my only."

"________, i'll always be here for you, okay? i promised him, and you're my friend. i'm not letting this come between us. i will always do my best to help you in any way that i can." 

you nodded slowly, still staring down into the carpet as you didn't say a word. 

dustin stood up, leaving you to your thoughts as he watched tears fall from your eyes and soaked onto your jeans.
-

"is everything okay?" steve asked as dustin shook his head. 

"eddie died in my arms," he forced out, feeling his stomach twist up. he had gotten super close to eddie, he thought of him as a brother. "he made me promise to him that i would take care of ______." 

"oh my god," steve said as robin looked over at nancy. 

"dustin, what did you tell her?" 

"what happened," he said. 

"and you just left her alone in there with that knowledge?" nancy asked as steve muttered a swear word underneath his breath as he rushed to the back of the home where you were at. he opened the door, not expecting to see it but he knew it was a possibility. 

"______, no!" he said as he grabbed the pills from you. he tossed them off to the side of the room as you tried to get to them but steve shook his head, grabbing you up in his arms as he sat down on the carpeted floor. "shh, shh," he said as you were sobbing in his arms, your hands holding his arms as you allowed him to hold you. 

"you can't do this," he said, his arms holding you close to him. "dustin made a promise," he muttered against your head as you sobbed into his arms. 

"________, did you take any of the pills?" steve asked as dustin walked into the room. 

"seven," you muttered, feeling the effects beginning to kick in. you were getting so sleepy and steve shook his head. 

"dustin, we have to get her to a hospital," he said as you shook your head. 

"no, it's not worth it without him here," you said as steve picked you up in his arms and carried you out where everybody else was. 

"we have to get her to a hospital," steve said as you were drifting in and out of sleep. "immediately." 

"no," you said softly as steve ignored it, climbing into nancy's car, along with as many other group members could fit in it as well. 

"drive." 
-

"is she okay?" steve asked the nurse who walked out of your room. she nodded, holding the clipboard close to her chest. 

"she's okay, she'll make a recovery, but she's fragile right now, so one at a time," the nurse told steve as he nodded, looking back at nancy and dustin before entering the room. 

you wouldn't look at him. 

"_______," he said softly, coming and sitting down next to you on the bed. 

"i'm sorry," you said, crying slightly. "i don't know how to deal with it. he was everything to me, steve. everything." 

steve nodded, gently taking your hand in his. 

"you'll be okay, _______. we're all here for you, but we don't want to see you hurting yourself," steve said. "dustin made him a promise." 

you nodded, closing your eyes momentarily before looking at him once more. 

"he wouldn't have liked what i did, steve," you said softly as he nodded.

"none of us liked it, we thought we lost you."

tears were running down your cheeks as you looked outside the hospital room's window. 

"i miss him," you said gingerly as steve nodded. 

"we're here for you, _______. that's a promise that i will keep, okay? we aren't going to leave you," steve said as you nodded, looking back over at him. 

"thank you," you said as steve nodded, giving you a gentle smile in return. "thank you." 
-

if anybody you know is struggling with suicidal thoughts, please call or text this number.

988

stay safe friends, i love you all. 
<3