READY

"i'm so sorry," you said to him as his head was resting in your lap, his eyes slowly losing the spark that you had fallen in love with over the years. "i'm so sorry, eddie, this wasn't supposed to happen."

he smiled up at you, trying to push through the pain as your eyes were blurred with tears. you wanted to see him till the end, you needed to see him till the end. 

"did i help?" he asked as you nodded, running your hand through his hair as you smiled weakly down at him. his hand was holding onto yours tightly, not wanting to let go. you didn't want to let go either. 

"yes, you did," you muttered. "you were braver than i could have ever been, munson."

he smiled weakly at you, looking off towards the dark sky as you held onto him. you didn't want to lose him, you praying for a miracle or for something to happen to where he would be saved. 

"________! eddie!"

your head shot up as you saw steve and dustin running towards you. your heart began beating rapidly as your eyes met steve's who was rushing towards you. 

"please, please help me get him out of here. i can't lose him," you begged him, your voice cracking as your teary eyes met stayed on his. you were still holding him tightly as steve nodded, dustin helping the two of you pick up eddie and rush back to the trailer as quickly as you possibly could. robin and nancy were waiting to help in whatever way they could. 

as soon as you got him through the gate, your heart was aching. your chest was in pain, it was in physical pain as you placed a hand to your heart, trying to soothe your pain. dustin placed a hand on your shoulder as nancy, robin, and steve all rushed him to the hospital quickly. 

"you okay?" he asked as you nodded, pressing your chest harder as he took notice. 

"you're okay, he's going to be okay," dustin said, the relief clear in his voice as your head began spinning. your chest was in too much pain, the sight of him still reviving itself in your mind as you tried to focus back on the fact that he was back in the real world, and he was okay. 

"yeah," you said, the pain in your chest getting to be too much as you felt your knees hit the floor.
-

"_______, hey," dustin said as he shook you. "hey, what the hell happened?" 

"my chest," you muttered, sitting up slowly as he handed you a glass of water. "eddie, i need to go see him."

robin nodded, but then hesitated.

"are we sure that we want to go so soon? you just passed out." 

you nodded.

"i need to, robin. i need to."

dustin nodded, the three of you walking out towards the front of eddie's trailer as you both hopped on three bikes and started biking off to the hospital. 
-

"how is he?" you asked steve as the two of you stood in the hallway. "did he make it through? is he okay?"

steve placed his hand on your shoulder, pulling you into a hug as your heart began racing. 

"steve," you began, pushing him off of you.

"he's okay," he replied.

your eyes were teary, your head hurting as you thought through everything that had just happened. 

"can i go see him?" 

he nodded, walking with you to the room he was in. your heart was breaking at the sight of him, the bandages and tape all wrapped around him as you went and sat beside him. you gently took his hand in yours, your thumb rubbing over one of his knuckles as you started to cry sitting there at the sight of him. 

"i'm so sorry, munson," you said softly. "i never meant to drag you into this. you were never meant to be put in this state."

you felt him shift slightly as he woke up and turned his head to look at you. 

"i'd do anything for you," he said as you started crying more at the sound of his voice. "hey, look, don't, don't cry, okay? i didn't run away," he said with a smile as you leaned your head over to rest it on his hand. his free hand gently wiped away your tears as he smiled sweetly at you. 

"i know you didn't, and i'm so proud of you, munson," you told him sweetly. "you scared me to death, though."

he smiled sweetly at you still.

"i didn't mean to," he replied. you shook your head, leaning closer to him as you pressed a kiss to his cheek before resting your head back on his hand. 

"i love you," you told him softly as he smiled back at you. 

"and i love you, my juliet," he replied as your heart chirped at those words. 

"you better be so thankful that dustin and steve were there to help me." 

"oh, you could have carried me out of there, princess. you're strong," he said as you laughed a little.

"you overestimate me, munson," you smiled in response. 

steve looked into the window, seeing you and eddie talking quietly with each other as he smiled at the sight. he admired how in love you were with him, and he wished to have what you had managed to find. 

"you okay, steve?" robin asked as she walked up to where he was. 

"yeah," he replied.

she glanced in through the window as she saw you and eddie talking with each other as your hand was in his, your thumb rubbing over his knuckles. 

"you'll find her someday, harrington. you know you will. you're too good of a person for a girl to pass up on," she said, patting his shoulder as he looked back over at her with a semi-sad look on his face. "i promise you. and if you need any advice, i'm sure that when ________ isn't super stressed over eddie, she will help you find ms. right." 

he nodded, looking back over at you as you were smiling at eddie for a joke he had said. 

"yeah, whenever she's ready," he muttered.