Chapter 56: Never Been So Proud (Nikki Sixx)

Proud...I am SO beyond proud of my husband for following his passion for classical music and combining it with rock, for his vision, for making his dreams and mine come true. I am proud to be HIS, to stand by his side thru ALL, to be his husband, to have and to hold...to LOVE. And not to mention his show Case with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra was a huge hit! Seeing his vision come to life, something new...something special...reminding me too in so many ways when I formed Mӧtley. His Christmas LP with the orchestra...also a smashing success, our family was thriving in so many ways....

A bit of time has passed since then, it now being Thanksgiving Day...I lie in bed, holding Steven, our daughter is still asleep and so is my husband....

This is our fourth thanksgiving together....to think that on this day four years ago, I realized that I was in love with my best friend in the world, and we became a couple, conquered the world together and still doing it...and now, we have our daughter to share in our joy, in our love and to create precious memories with...I wouldn't trade my life for anything in the world. I'd fight hell for my husband, sadly Guns reportedly according to Allen are gonna work on an album that IS a direct dig at Steven, Steven is aware...I hate how sad it makes him, and I hurt because he hurts. How can you heal a wound if someone keeps picking at it?

Steven stirs, and I find my self gladly drowning in his beautiful blue-eyes, my blue-eyes.

"Morning Nik.... sleep, ok?"

"I did, because I had you in my arms." I reply, voice still husky from sleep.

"I need my kisses.... I..." I cut Steven off by claiming his lips with mine, "I can't start my day without my kisses." Steven finishes softly.

"You never have to NOT start your day without kisses from me."

"I love that. And I love you." Steven responds burrowing into my embrace.

"As I love YOU." I respond running my hands up and down his back and next I thing I know is we hear:

"Ma-Ma, Daddy I uppy!"

The way Steven's eyes light up, and I know mine do the same.... before you can blink, we are in Rain's bedroom, her standing up in her little toddler bed and making grabby hands for Steven and I.

"Do you know what day it is Jellybean?" Steven scoops up Rain in his arms and I wrap my arms as best I can around them both. "It's Thanksgiving, a holiday. Lots of food and family.... everyone is coming over later for dinner, Uncle Ozzy and Aunty Mick, Liza...Robby, Zak & Vince, and their daughter, but more importantly Rain today four years ago.... Daddy told me he loved me for the first time, that he realized he was in love with me, and for the first time I told him how much I loved him."

Steven's little speech, has me teary eyed...

"That's why THIS is my favorite holiday....and now we get to share it with our daughter." I state quietly.

"I ike giving!" Rain exclaims, meaning she likes thanksgiving of course. We get her all cleaned, potty used, and dressed before Steven and I get dressed ourselves and head downstairs to fix what else but Steven's pumpkin cinnamon rolls, bite-sized fruit for Rain, and bacon for breakfast. Rain is in her little highchair, taking everything in and talking in her way with her mother and I. "Happy! Food!" Rain states, excited.... she takes after Steven and I both, we love to eat.

I chuckle, God is she adorable! "I'm happy about the food too!" I tell her grinning as Steven, and I work in tandem to fix breakfast.

"And now the whole world gets to eat my food! Thankfully yesterday we prepped everything for dinner, shouldn't take too long.... turkey, all the fixings...dessert of course." Steven exclaims, quickly fishing for a hair band and pulling his hair back.