Chapter 69: These Amazing Years 1994-2003 Part 1 (Steven/Nikki POV Present day)

Nikki and I, our first 5 years together.... many would say our formative years as a couple. Really though as I've come to see it, I suppose it's true...those years were filled with such highs, such lows.... really, they were and ARE everything. 34 years have passed since January 20, 1988....my 20th birthday. Nikki forever changed my world, gave me a new lease on life, a place to belong...no A FAMILY where I belonged and then we had our own family our first 2 children, our daughters Rain and Frankie in 1991 and 1993 respectively. Those first five years gave our love strength, made it stronger than steel.... every day, every year since 88' has only made my love for Nikki stronger and vice versa.

August 13, 1993 was Frankie's Birth and the proverbial nail in the coffin for Guns.... they'd be rich still sure, but they'd be silent for 2 years...but before I get more into that, let me tell you what happened starting 1994....

1994: At the dawn of this year...I'd been just spending time with my husband and my family, writing with Nikki, creating...raising my children.... In January I celebrated my 26th birthday...26....and 6 years sober.... fucking huge! My favorite memories of this year among other things were my birthday, my husband spoiling the hell out of me, our anniversaries, our wedding, saying 'I love you' for the first time, meeting....and my daughter's Mile stones. Rain turning 3, Frankie turning 1 and Frankie's first words which were 'Bass' (God Nikki was thrilled at that, saying 'that's my girl' and followed by da-da, mommy, Rain, and candy and.... God, her birthday...I was a mess.... our children were growing up so damn fast already...but everyone in our extended family was thriving.... for on her birthday, we found out Vince was pregnant again, turned out to be a boy. I also released another cookbook and Nikki and I of course continued to work on our magnum opus' the Heroin Diaries' and Nikki continued to follow his passions, chief among them me and our children. I'll never forget Nikki's 36th birthday, for two reasons: One, I surprised him with a cake, a very realistic looking cake made to look exactly like a can of Aqua Net and Two, it came to be one of his favorites for me having told him, "Nikki you only get sexier with age, like a very fine, sexy and I do mean sexy wine." And 3, I know I said '2' so sue me, turns out 3 was his birthday night where a night of love making, led to my getting pregnant with our 3rd child, our son...and that leads us into 1995...

1995: Nikki and I quickly discovered I was pregnant with our son.... of course, it was during a televised performance with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra that led to said discovery.... for I passed out on stage after having apparently vomited, scaring the shit out of fans and especially my Nikki plus the kids. But my pregnancy was a healthy one, my daughters were thrilled at the prospect of being big sisters...and they named our son, we waited until he was born to decide on a name officially, which turned out to be Andrew Steven Sixx, Drew for short and Drew is my husband's twin I tell you, save for my blue-eyes. This also turned out to be the year Axl and Tommy Lee both served time in jail for DUIS if I recall correctly, and after that was over, they got out and that apparently led to them working on a greatest hits album.... like yeah, that was gonna help Guns, I'd scoffed at the time. I still even at this point had my days I struggled. So did my Nikki, but thru it all I had my husband and our children...our family....and I really got to fucking missing as did Nikki being in the studio with Mick and Vince.... which leads us into 1996...

1996: Mӧtley reunites in the studio and works on recording our first album since Dr. Feel Good, Generation Swine.... which means that as much as I loved Trans-Siberian, Mӧtley became center stage in my musical life, oh I was of course still involved with the orchestra of course, and this too is also the years they started touring twice a year in winter and spring and this all goes back to me. Nikki told me, "Steven like I told you...you've changed the world...music forever....and I don't just say that as your husband, I say it because the world SEES how fucking talented you are, your spirit and blue eyes.... i am PROUD to be by your side and see you live your dreams." 'Generation Swine' is where the band, Mӧtley I mean got a little heavier, I and the band were and are proud of it...but critics hated it, fans though loved it for the most part...but as my husband has always said the band was more the people's band than the critics. 1996, was an amazing year creatively and for Nikki and I in our personal lives as well...and this leads to 1997. I-

-Nikki POV-

I find I must kiss Steven senseless...again...not that he complains...and I smirk after having interrupted him.

"My turn."

Steven huffs at me playfully, "Touché dearest Nik..." Then his voice drops an octave, "Later." Oh 'later'; indeed.

"I love you blue-eyes." Softly now.

"I love you too Nik." In the same tone, as I pull him closer to me. "Now let's tell more of our story."

As Steven said, our formative years so to speak.... bitter-sweet, the highest highs and lowest lows, but thru it all we had each other...we have each other still. But ah, anyway 1997.

1997: 'Generation Swine' dominated or outclassed the newest Guns album that year.... which was a flop, more so than the 'spaghetti incident'. This year, Rain turned 6, Frankie 4 and Drew 2.... everyone has said Steven and I planned it that way, maybe yes and maybe no...it worked out amazingly well. This year saw Steven and I being together for 9, years....9 fucking years with my soulmate. 7 of which we'd been married for.... i mean I still couldn't get over even then how lucky I was, still feel the same today. Oh, forgot to mention Mick and Ozzy, had their 3rd child in 1997, another girl....and Liza, God Liza turned 12...12, nearly a teenager and she took after Ozzy in the singing department...Rock and Roll naturally. Thrilled Ozzy to no end, I tell you...and he'll tell you and tell you...not that I blamed him then or now, for that matter.

1998: Let me start by saying 10 years...10 years sober when this year hit....and even more Anniversaries for Steven and I, in that it was his 10th anniversary with the Crϋe the heart and soul of our band and MY heart and soul, he made us a family but anyway....we wound up throwing a huge...HUGE surprise celebration party featuring food from both of his hit cook books, Steven had tears in his eyes the whole time....and I remember most holding him in my arms that night and telling him, "It seems like yesterday you made the band into a family....and walked into my life officially...and now look at us...babe, so proud of you...every moment, I fall for you more...you never fail to amaze me."

"Oh Nikki!" The way he said that to me that night, said EVERYTHING. Naturally the kids, were present, looking at my husband and I like we were their heroes, and that I tell you has never ever changed either. 1998, also led to us recording 'Saints of Los Angeles' which was released but there were no music videos made for it until about 10 years from this point.

1999: OH 99' lemme tell you...chiefly Steven had a run in with Tommy Lee. Which didn't end well for Tommy, I tell you that now. But the best moments, included a tour we had for 'Saints' and 'Swine' a small one, but one that still sold out...this was also the year we met DJ Ashba and James Michael who were huge fans of ours and became our brothers and they were married already at this point....and this meeting also led to Steven and I founding SIXX AM, and further solidifying our status as one of Metal's ultimate power couples.

2000, is coming up...2000 to 2003 in our recap here...I...

I feel Steven cuddle up to me, holding me tightly....my heart fluttering at the gesture. 

"I just felt like snuggling more."

"Snuggles, hell yes blue-eyes." I lay my chin on top of his head....

To be continued....

A/N: A summation of Steven and Nikki's lives from circa 1994-1999. Next chapter will be part 2 and we will get into 2000 to the start of 2003. So much more to come!!