Chapter 78: Stronger than Ever (Steven Adler-Sixx)

I can't fucking believe I was in pre-term labor; it wasn't full blown labor but still....i scared my family, my husband.... myself. Here lately, the bigger I've got the more I've struggled, with breathing, getting around and the twins I'd lost despite how THAT came about, their loss haunts me more than ever. The last thing I'd remembered, was needing Nikki...wanting my husband....and then things got fuzzy, and I woke up in the hospital freaking the fuck out, but Nikki despite his own fear, was right there with me.

Which brings us around to now, I am awake.... I can't sleep, Nikki is still in the hospital bed with me, it's dark and I believe the same day or night that I've been brought to the hospital. My heart flutters, admiring the man I am married to, the other half of my soul....things haven't been easy, but this will I KNOW make our love stronger....stronger than ever....but my hormones, the fear, being SO overwhelmed get to me once more and I start sobbing as quietly as I can, Ruby...Decker and Stormy...god do I love them and their names are beautiful! But they are also kicking me, but gently...despite my being a mess and without warning I let out a whimpering sound....and it is this, that alerts my husband...who although groggy at first, is much more awake noticing my state. I only cry harder...

"N-Nik-ki.... it's...it's getting to me again...I-I am trying...." I whisper miserably, I feel a hand on my face, gentle warm and one on my well swollen stomach.

"Shh...Steven.... I can well imagine, it fucking hurts...all these years later and then everything else you're going thru with this pregnancy. I KNOW you're trying blue-eyes, that's all anyone can do....no one expects you to be cured in a day, sometimes it takes a lifetime, sometimes not.... I am HERE to be your strength, to bear your burdens babe. You've always done the same for me..." Here Nikki's voice catches and a moment later he's in tears. "Even at your lowest moments, even at THIS moment. I love you....my beautiful blue-eyed soul."

"NIKKI." I manage to get out, overcome but in a good way. And then I feel warm soft lips on my own, loving the feel. "I am so sleepy...babies...awake..." I murmur.

"I've got you." Nikki massages my swollen belly, singing 'without you', which God is his voice beautiful! Moments later I give in once more to sleep, feeling much more peaceful.

I wake up once more, it's daylight now...not sure what time, I panic when I don't see my husband, but then I realize there's a letter on my pillow...and it warms my heart....

Dearest Blue-Eyes* Steven,

I am sorry I left, and if I made you panic at all.... I left to get something to eat for you. You looked so peaceful when I left, smiling even in sleep. Be back soon babe.

All my Love,

Nikki

P.S. I've checked on the kids, they miss you...and are so glad you are ok...in fact, they've planned something special for you they told me, even though I told them you'd tell them they don't have to, but anyway they will be by later.

"You're older brother and sisters.... are coming to see mommy, I have the best children in the world.... i love the three of you and them SO much." I rub my swollen stomach gently, feeling Ruby, Decker, and Stormy move at my touch, making me smile and I hear something ELSE OR SOMEONE ELSE that also makes me smile...

"Hey! What about daddy?" Nikki teases, bringing in food from.... the cafeteria, which looks decent.

"Daddy too." I roll my eyes playfully, huffing but unable to fight the grin on my face from forming. Nikki helps me with my tray, and I eat, us swapping kisses and talking about everything.... I love that about us, I really do. I finish eating and I feel tired again, yawning. "Nikki.... sleepy again......"