Chapter One Hundred and Ninety-Five: Promises.../Some Advice!

Later the next morning, Sabine had already had a huge fence using several of her sensor markers to protect the base from the krynkas! Kanan smiled before he turned to face Sabine, proudly believing that her fence is gonna hold!

Kanan: I think your fence is gonna hold...

But while Sabine appreciated the kind words, she knew that Kanan was leaving soon with Ezra and the others, and Rex was leaving with them since he didn't want the kid to face his Inner Demons alone without him there to help through it this time! Knowing that they were all leaving soon, Sabine knew that Kanan should probably go and talk to Hera right now!

Sabine: You'd better go talk to Hera...

Kanan turned to see what Sabine meant the both of them saw Hera walking away from some work, but he still didn't understand what the problem was...

Kanan: Why? What's wrong?

Silently frustrated, Sabine placed a hand over her forehead, knowing that Kanan doesn't realize that even though Hera supports his mission, she is still worried about not seeing him, Ezra, or the others again!

Sabine: Kanan, wake up! She might agree with your mission, but you're still walking out... And taking Ezra with you!

Seeing that the young Manalorian made a good point, Kanan walked over to talk to the Young Pilot, as Sabine smiled from afar... Hera soon noticed Kanan approaching, after she returned from telling the Commander that operations can resume now that site is secure!

Kanan: Hera...

Hera: I told the Commander the site is secure, and operations can resume...

Kanan frowned, quickly cutting to the chase about he, Ezra, and the others are gonna be okay, hoping that Hera realizes that!

Kanan: We're gonna be okay... You know that, right?

Turning around to face her Jedi Companion, Hera however realizes that she knows when Kanan is lying!

Hera: You realize I know when you're lying, right?

Kanan frowned, as Hera confided to him that whatever challenges or threats that Kanan is facing, she preferred to face them together is all, just like they always have!

Kanan: (Sighs)

Hera: (Sighs) Whatever you're facing, I wanted us to face it together! That's all...

Kanan smiled bittersweetly before placing his reassuring hands on Hera's, promising that the two of them would see each other again!

Kanan: We'll see each other again... I promise!

The two of them shared a comforting hug, as the sun rose up... Meanwhile, Ezra was making a second attempt to try and connect with one of the krynkas back at the northern perimeter, but remained near the sensor markers, just in case!

Ezra: Whoa!

However, his efforts were futile, causing the krynkas to hiss at the kid, but Ezra remained near the sensor, causing it to leave Ezra alone, who knew that this might be a little bit more difficult than he thought!

Ezra: Fine... I guess we won't be friends!

As Ezra laid on the ground to take a break while gazing at some convors, he noticed that Ahsoka, Eldra, and Quinlan Vos had arrived, much to his joy!

Ezra: Ahsoka? Eldra? Vos?

Eldra smiled, before Ahsoka said that she and the others heard that the Base was coming along nicely!

Ahsoka: I see the base is coming along nicely...

Ezra frowned before he pointed to the nearby krynkas, explaining his predicament and how they almost ruined their new Base!

Ezra: Yeah... Um, these creatures almost ruined it though! No matter what I do, I can't seem to connect with them...

Ahsoka frowned, before she offered everyone some advice on how you find out little you actually know about the Force, just when you think you understand it!

Ahsoka: In my experience, just when you think you understand the Force, you find out how little you actually know...

Ezra shrugged, he doesn't even think that he ever understood the Force to begin with!

Ezra: I don't think I ever understood the Force to begin with...

Quinlan chuckled at the kid, before he told Ahsoka that they should all get going!

Quinlan Vos: We should get going!

As Ahsoka and Quinlan both went ahead, Ezra stayed behind to gaze at the sensor perimeter and the flora ahead... Eldra saw that Ezra was worried, before she asked if her little Adoptive Brother was okay...

Eldra: Hey kid, you feeling alright?

Ezra: Yeah, I'm coming!

The two of them ran to catch up with the other two Jedi, as another owl-like creature hooted above away from the convors in the sky...