61.☆ Assassin Trouble ☆

The door slowly opens and Chay's world starts spinning uncontrollably the moment he catches a glimpse of raven hair and chocolate eyes

The door slowly opens and Chay's world starts spinning uncontrollably the moment he catches a glimpse of raven hair and chocolate eyes. Oh gosh, how much Chay hates those eyes!

Kimhan.

As if from underwater, Chay can hear the voice of his boss, saying, "Porchay, this is your new partner, Kimhan."

Chay's fists collide with the desk as he stands up, resolutely shaking his head, "no! I rather die than work with this guy!" Chay might be an assassin but he isn't heartless, but maybe Kimhan is. That's probably the only explanation as to what happened three summers ago. It still rings in Chay's ears, the way Kim called what they had just a summer fling, 'we were just having fun...' 'it wasn't so deep... stop being childish' Those words froze Chay in time and space. Three years from then, he was still twenty-two, still sitting on the beach, still feeling the lukewarm waters of the ocean tickling his feet. Still seeing that indifferent look in Kim's eyes as he said that they were over. It was such a striking difference to everything that happened between them in those three months that made Chay fall in love. This wasn't the Kim Chay knew. It wasn't his Kim. But maybe his Kim was never the real Kim.

It broke Chay. It broke him in ways he never knew a human could be broken. For three years he focused on nothing but his job. On killing people. And every time he did so, he imagined that it was Kim who he was killing. And now Kim is here and is supposed to be his new partner? No. Kim ruined so much of Chay's life already. He doesn't get to ruin his job too!

"Either he is out or I am!" Chay says slowly to his boss and turns around, shutting the doors behind himself as he leaves.

"Porchay!" his boss shouts after him, but Chay doesn't care. In the next moment he hears fast approaching footsteps and he hates himself for the fact that he recognizes immediately who it is. He spins around, pressing a gun in the middle of Kim's chest. "One more move and I'll kill you!"

"You won't do that," Kim says, and as proof he moves just a little, pressing himself even more onto the gun in Chay's hand.

"Wrong!" Chay scoffs. "I have killed you hundreds of times, Kimhan. Every single target of mine looks like you when I kill them. Every. Single. One."

Kim's eyes soften a little, "but they aren't me. Not really. Chay, do you know how long it took me to get transferred into your unit?"

Chay cocks his eyebrow, "am I supposed to say congratulations or what?"

Kim sighs, slowly he raises one of his hands, carefully placing it on Chay's hand that holds the gun still firmly pressed to his chest. He can feel Chay shiver under the touch. There's still that electric tension running between them just like it did that summer. The summer Kim found and lost the most important thing in his life. Since then, he's been on a mission to get it back. And he is close. So close, he can feel it in every inch of his body. He is home. If only Chay would be willing to open his arms for him again.

"The reason why I left you that summer—"

"You didn't just leave me, Kimhan," Chay protests, "you ruined me. What do you want me to do? Accept you with open arms? Doing my job with you every day as if nothing happened?"

"Yes," Kim simply says.

"Yes?" Chay can't believe Kim's audacity. He is so out of it that he doesn't even realize when Kim takes the gun into his own hands and puts it away.

"Chay... I was on a mission back then. I had no idea you were like me too... an assassin. Maybe if... if I did I would tell you at least something. Anything to meet with you sooner. To never break up, but my mission was of the utmost priority and you... you were..."

"Obstacle," Chay finishes Kim's thoughts. "I was an obstacle. Just say it, Kimhan! You know, if that was it... Why couldn't you just disappear or something? Why did you have to say all those things? That it didn't matter, that it was just a fling. You said you love me, Kimhan! Do you remember that? You fucking said you love me and the day after we were over."

"Everything I said was a lie, Chay. Everything but not that I love you," slowly, with a fear in his heart, Kim leans into Chay's body, whispering over and over how sorry he is, that he will take any punishment Chay gives him. As long as he gets one more chance. Just one to make everything better. Just one to love Chay the way he deserves to be loved. He can feel a tear escaping his eye, when he feels Chay's hands slowly wrapping around him, holding him close, close to his heart.

3 YEARS LATER | SIERRA LEONE 

"Target, 3 o'clock. Green shirt, hat, glasses. This one's yours, Porchay."

"Copy that! By the way, have you seen my husband today?" Chay says into the walkie-talkie, as he is making his way through the crowds of people on the street.

"Full disclosure," Macau says on the other side of the line, "he is on the beach, preparing a picnic for your third anniversary."

"I see. He is having fun and I have to do the dirty work."

Sunset on a beach is always breathtaking, but it's even better with the love of your life comfortably in your arms. Chay presses a kiss on Kim's forehead and whispers, "happy anniversary, baby."

"Thank you for giving me a second chance, angel. Thank you."

"I have to thank myself," Chay giggles. Because where else I would get such an amazing husband, hmm?"

"I'm the best husband ever, aren't I?" Kim smirks, his fingers dancing up and down Chay's milky thighs.

Chay knows that he shouldn't stroke this man's ego even more, but he loves this man more than anything, so he wraps his hands around Kim's neck and pulls him into a heated kiss full of love and lust as he whispers, "yes, yes you are." 

☆ THE END ☆