92. ☆ The Eye of a Storm ☆

— The compound is being attacked and Porsche asks Kim to take Chay away, not knowing KimChay's painful past —

"Chay, listen to me," Porsche grabs Chay's shoulders and looks him deep in the eyes. "You have to leave this place! I will get someone who will take you away from here and take care of you until this mess is over." 

Chay twitches with every loud sound of bullets flying on the other side of the door. He shakes his head, not breaking his eye contact with his hia, "no, no... I'm staying here! With you. Both of you!" He looks at his mom, sitting calmly in her chair. "Mom?" 

"Listen to your brother, Porchay," his mother says gently.  "You have to go to be safe."

"And what about you two? You don't have to be safe?" Chay asks louder. He can feel panic creeping up on him. 

"I'm the leader of a minor family, now, nong. I can't just leave."

"And I have to stay with the son that needs me more now, I'm sorry,  baby."

Chay takes a deep breath—fine, he won't be a cause of more trouble than they are already in. He can be worried about his family even from somewhere where he will be safe. At least they wouldn't have to worry about him. They will have a lot on their plates just by staying here even without him being here as well.

Slowly, he nods, "fine, I'll go."

Porsche visibly relaxes, letting go of Chay's shoulders, Porsche hugs him tightly. "Thank you, nong. I promise it's the best for you. I'll go and find someone who can take you. I don't think it's safe for you to go to your room to pack some things so just stay here with mom. I'll be right back." 

Chay nods and a quiet "okay" escapes his lips.

When Porsche leaves, his mom asks Chay to come closer. She takes his hand in hers, "Chay, listen to me, no matter what, you have to take care of yourself. I promise you that your brother and I will be fine. We'll see each other in a couple of days again. But till then, this is no place for you." 

"You promise we'll see each other again, mom?" Chay asks, squeezing his mother's hand tighter, voice just a couple of tones away from cracking. 

"I promise, my little baby. I promise."

"Who is supposed to come take me away?" Chay asks, Porsche. They are standing far back in the Theerapanyakul garden. There is a small, hidden door, leading to the quiet less frequented street.

Before Porsche can reply, a black Jaguar stops in front of them and Chay's mind goes blank. He knows that car. And he knows the man that is getting out of the car even though there was a time when he wished he didn't.