Chapter 53 Finding the dino gems & going to college

A month has gone by and John, Kaitlyn, and I were in Reefside looking for the dino gems. I got a strong reading to my right. "Guys, this way." I said. We came across a meteor that wipped out the entire dinosaur population 65 million years ago. "What are you thinking about?" John asked. "Not sure. But I think this might be the meteor that wipped out the entire dinosaur population." I said. "Well, when I was younger my mom said that the dinosaurs gave themselves lung cancer from smoking and I kind of believed that." Kaitlyn said. "You know, as a kid, they can believe anything they want." I said. "True, but then I figured out when cigarettes were invented and that's when I found out the truth. They died by a meteor strike." Kaitlyn said. I ran the scanner over the meteor and I was getting some seriously strong readings. "Wow, these readings are so strong. We should probably take it to my house and try to see if there's anything in it." I said. "Do you have like a kit for breaking rocks like this?" John asked. "Yeah, I have a few tools for this. I said. It was kind of heavy but we had something to put it on so that we wouldn't have to carry it the whole way. When we got it to my house I got the tools I needed as John and Kaitlyn put some newspaper on the table and moved the meteor onto the table. We started to break the meteor into smaller parts and we found three dino gems that are pink, green, and gold. They all glowed, broke off the meteor, and flew into our hands. "Why did they fly into our hands?" Kaitlyn asked. "I've heard stories about this. The thing is, we didn't choose them, they chose us. The dino gems can choose who holds them." I said. "Can't they unchoose us?" John asked. "The only way the powers can be taken away, is if you're destroyed." I said. "Okay, for future reference, that's not a great selling point." John said. The next day we were walking around town when tyranodrones showed up, stopping us in our tracks. "Don't... move." John said. "Good idea, make it easy for them." Kaitlyn said. "New plan, RUN!" I said. We started to run away when John tripped. He shot something from his hand and I saw that. Kaitlyn and I helped him up. "What was that?" I asked. "Fire magic." John said. Then his gem glowed again. We started to run away again when John stopped and fought them. Kaitlyn was getting her ass kicked when her eyes turned to a light gold and was able to read each move before it happened. Then her gem glowed. I was getting my ass kicked as well. I was basically mad at them for that and I shapeshifted into a wolf. I grabbed one with my mouth and threw it and kicked the other one away. I went back into my human form and picked up my gem. It was glowing. "What was that about?" I asked. "I think that Mesagog might be back." John said. "What?" I asked. "I have heard some stories about Mesagog. I think that the tyranodrones attacking us could be a sign that he's back." John said. A few months later we all go to college. Kaitlyn became my roommate. "So, what major are you going for?" Kaitlyn asked. "Actually, I'm going for an undergraduate program." I said. "Which one?" Kaitlyn asked. "Pre-vet." I said. "I guess that makes sense. I mean, you love animals." Kaitlyn said. "Yeah, speaking of that what major are you going for?" I asked. "Biology: medical technology." Kaitlyn said. "Nice." I said. "What major do you think John is going for?" Kaitlyn asked. "I don't know. Maybe we can ask him at dinner." I said. "I actually want to go out to eat tonight." Kaitlyn said. "Where do you want to go?" I asked. "How about eat n park?" Kaitlyn said. "Sounds good to me. And maybe we can get some smiley cookies on our way out." I said. "I would like that." Kaitlyn said. "Alright, let me go ask John if we wants to go to eat n park with us." I said. "Alright." Kaitlyn said. I walked out of the room and went to the annex. "Hey John, I was just wondering if you would like to come out to eat with me and Kaitlyn." I said. "Yeah, sure." John said. "Okay, we'll see you later. Just meet us outside." I said. "Okay, I'll see you later." John said. Later that night we went to eat n park. "So John, what major are you going for?" Kaitlyn asked. "Computing analytics." John said. "Wow, going for technology." Kaitlyn said. "That's cool." I said. "Yeah." John said. "Isn't Tommy taking the same program as you are?" Kaitlyn said. "I don't know. I would have to see." I said. The next day I met with Tommy during our morning break. "Hey Tommy." I said. "Hey, what's up?" Tommy asked. "Not much, I'm just wondering what major your going for." I said. "I'm going for Dance: bachelor of arts." Tommy said. "Wow, that's actually kinda cool." I said. "Yeah, remember that one time when Zack was trying to teach me how to dance?" Tommy asked. "Yeah, of course I remember that. I already knew how to dance though. I have a few of my dances memorized." I said. "Maybe you can show me some of your dances sometime." Tommy said. "Yeah, we should get back to class. Our break's going to be over in like two minutes." I said. "I'll see you at lunch, right?" Tommy asked. "Yeah, I'll see you at lunch." I said before going back to class. Later that day at lunchtime Tommy showed me the other dino gems he found. "How did you find those?" I asked. "Well, I actually found another meteor that had these ones in it but they didn't choose anyone yet." Tommy said. "Hey, aren't there some high school students that are going to be taking a tour here?" I asked. "Probably by either the end of the school year or after the school year ends." Tommy said. "Yeah, right. I just found out today that I have to tell them about dorm life." I said. "Are you sure that you're going to be okay with that? I mean, you get nervous in front of people you don't know." Tommy said. "If I'm going to be dorm rep someday, I will have to get used to it. I know that sometimes, when I'm talking, I start out loud but then I get quiet over time." I said. "Speaking of dorm rep, the dorm rep elections are coming up. I heard that there can be two dorm reps per dorm hallway." Tommy said. "Yeah, besides, everyone knows that I'm nice to everyone. So I'm kinda hoping that I get enough votes to be one of the dorm reps." I said. "Who do you think the other one will be?" Tommy asked. "I don't know. All I know is Virginia is not going to run for dorm rep." I said. "Why?" Tommy asked. "I don't know." I said. "Maybe you should ask her why she isn't running for dorm rep." Tommy said. "Alright, I'm going to meet her after class." I said. Then we threw our trash out and went back to class. After our last class of the day I met with Virginia. "Hey Virginia, can I ask you something?" I said. "Sure, what's up?" Virginia asked. "Why are you not running for dorm rep?" I asked. "It's a big responsibility, and you know that I sometimes get really mad. People keep on ticking me off. That's why." Virginia said. "That's understandable. People sometimes tick me off too, but I also try to stay calm." I said. "How do you stay so calm under pressure?" Virginia asked. "When it's only a little pressure I can handle it, but if it's a lot, I can't handle it." I said. "Is that so?" Virginia asked. "Yeah, anyway I'm having a homework group after dinner with my friends." I said. "You still going to do ceramics tomorrow?" Virginia asked. "Yeah." I said.