Chapter 54 college life & the chosen rangers

A few months go by and some high school students that are seniors in high school came to the college for a tour. I told them everything about dorm life, like how to make it feel like home to co-ed. In case you don't know what co-ed is it basically means that you can have guys and girls in the same room but only at certain times. They got to see the rec hall too, which is awesome. There's so much to do down there. There are ceramics, painting, watching TV, playstation, cornhole boards and beanbags, ping pong, a dancefloor, and cabinets filled with board games. There were three cabinets that had board games in them like sorry, parchessi, and even some card games like apples to apples. Last week my friends and I were playing cards against humanity, which can get really sexual. I played it in high school and let's just say that it got a little sexual. I never thought that I would play it again after that but I did. Virginia actually brought her high school musical 2 DVD board game. We actually played it with her in her room over the weekend, since we didn't have any homework to do. There's a room called the blue room in the rec hall but I don't know why it's called that. And they have different tournaments most days of the week. A week goes by and four high school students came to the college for evaluation. It's a three week evaluation but those evaluations go by so fast, at least in my opinion. Their names are Conner McKnight, Kira Ford, Ethan James, and Trent Fernandez-Mercer. At lunch Tommy gave them the gems. We've only knew them for a day and already Tommy has chosen who holds the gems. It turns out that the gems chose them too. Conner has super speed, Ethan has the ability to harden his skin, Kira has a sonic scream, and Trent has the power to camouflage himself into his surroundings. A few days later I was walking around town with them when tyranodrones showed up. That's when I got to see their powers in action. We fought all of them off. With this being the second time I ran into them, I knew that Mesagog is back. "This is so weird." Kira said. "What were those things?" Conner asked. "They're called tyranodrones." I said. "How do you know this stuff?" Trent asked. "I'll tell you when we get back to the college." I said. We got back and before they came to my dorm room I had Conner, Ethan, and Trent sign into my room. I showed them some drawings that I did before going to the college. "I drew these last year. They are creatures from stories that my dad used to tell me but I never thought that they were real." I said. "And now that you've seen them, you know that they are real." Kira said. "Exactly." I said. Then I pulled morphers out. "What are those?" Conner asked. "Dino morphers. Use these to become power rangers." I said. "I've got to sit down." Ethan said. "Breath dude." Conner said while facing Ethan. "We can't be power rangers. Aren't you supposed to fly or have superhuman strength and stuff like that?" Kira asked. "You do." I said. "Oh yeah, I forgot." Kira said. "You're just now figuring that out? Anyway, your gems are from the asteroid that crashed into the earth millions of years ago wiping out the entire dinosaur population. The gems are yours. You didn't choose them. They chose you." I said. "Can't they unchoose us?" Kira asked. "They already bonded with your DNA. That's what is giving you your powers." I said. "So if they already bonded with us, how come Mesagog and his creeps are still after them?" Ethan asked. "The only way these powers can be taken away is if you're destroyed." I said. "Okay, for future reference, that's not a great selling point." Ethan said. "Look, all I know is I don't remember asking to be a superhero." Conner said.

"The gems wouldn't have bonded to you if you didn't already have something inside you that can handle the power." I said as I put the morphers in front of them. They took the morphers. "So now what? Do we need some kind of secret password or command?" Ethan asked. "All you have to do is say dino thunder power up and you'll be transformed. However, with the white ranger one, it's a different command." I said. "What do I have to say?" Trent asked. "You have to say white ranger dino power." I said. "Dino thunder? What? Did you come up with that?" Conner asked while looking at Ethan. "I kind of like it." Ethan said. "You would." Conner said. "Look, I know that you four are from different worlds, I get it. But you're going to have to work together or this will never happen. This won't be easy. Nobody knows that better than I do. But you're gonna have to believe in yourselves because I believe in you." I said. "Really?" Conner asked. "Really." I said. The next day we didn't have class so John and I were playing a pokemon trading card game in the annex. "Alright, detective Pikachu is taking a coffee break." I said. "I'll be able to hit next round." John said as he added another energy card to his active pokemon. "Not if I have anything to say about it because detective Pikachu is going to use corkscrew punch on your pokemon." I said. "Great, you just knocked out my basic pokemon." John said. "Then you should have evolved it. You would have been able to take more damage." I said. "Yeah, well now I'm sending Pikachu out." John said as he took Pikachu from his benched pokemon and put it in the active spot. Then Virginia walked up to us. "How's it going Mr. and Mrs. Pikachu?" Virginia asked. "Shut it Virginia." John and I said. "They're in the middle of a pokemon battle." Alyssa said. "I can see that. Anyway, they are having their first pokemon trading card tournament in the rec hall tonight." Virginia said. "We know, we're just preparing for it right now." John said. "And if it goes as well as this practice match is, I should have a good shot at getting first, second, or third place in the tournament." I said. "You don't sound too confident." Virginia said. "That's the thing. The last time I played this was back in elementary school. I haven't played it since then." I said. "It's been that long ago?" Virginia asked. "Yeah." I said as I attacked John's last pokemon with my pokemon, knocking it out. "Wow, well you still have a shot at winning." Virginia said. "We'll see how it goes." I said as I got my deck back together. "And some pokemon cards are more rare than others." Alyssa said. "What's the most rare pokemon card?" John asked. "Are you serious?" I asked. "You don't know what pokemon card is the rarest?" Alyssa asked. "No." John said. "The most rare pokemon card is the Pikachu illustrator card. I never found one of those. That's the most rare pokemon card around. Only very few people have that card due to how rare it is to come by." I said. "Especially with all of the new ones that came out." Virginia said. "Exactly." I said. Later that night my friends and I went down to the rec hall for the pokemon trading card tournament. "You ready?" Tommy asked. "Yeah, I'm just a little nervous. That's all." I said. "Alright. Let's meet up with everyone who is going to be doing it." Tommy said. Our friend Nate was the host for the tournament. My first match was against Tommy and my second match was against John. I made it all the way to the final match. I was going against Alyssa. She's good at it but I was better at it. I won against her. "First time you lost against me?" I asked. "No, I know that I lost against you in some practice matches. I definitely need some more practice." Alyssa said. "Don't beat yourself up over a lost battle." I said.