The True Lab!

As you were about to leave, Alphys came in! 

Alphys: HEY! I managed to open the lock! Are y- OH MY GOD! METTATON!

She ran over to him. 

(Y/N): Alphys, don't worry, he just ran out of batteries. 

Alphys: He did?! Oh Thank God! If he left ... I- No, he's just a robot, I can always build another! Hang on, I need a minute. 

(Y/N): Okay. 

As you are about to reach the elevator to get to Asgore's Castle, Alphys stopped you! 

Alphys: Hey! Wait ... I need to say goodbye. 

(Y/N): Alphys, what are you hiding? 

Alphys: Huh? 

(Y/N): I know you're hiding something from me Alphys. 

Alphys: (Sigh) You're right. I lied to you. The thing is ... a human soul isn't strong enough to cross the barrier alone. You need a human soul, and a monster soul. 

(Y/N): Wait, then that means- 

Alphys: You'll have to kill Asgore. I'm ... I'm sorry. I- 

She was going to leave. 

(Y/N): Alphys! Wait! I- 

Alphys: No, don't bother. You'll just hate me. I'm not who you think I am. 

(Y/N): WHAT?! Alphys, what are you talking about?! 

Alphys: JUST GO AWAY! I WANT TO BE ALONE! 

She ran off. 

(Y/N): ALPHYS! 

She ran off. 

(Y/N): I have to go after her! 

Soon... 

You ran back to Alphys' lab to find her. 

(Y/N): ALPHYS?! ALPHYS WHERE ARE YOU?! 

Then you noticed a note. 

(Y/N): "(Y/N), I appreciate you still liking me even after what I did. But ... even all the support that you give, it still won't make my problems go away. If you really want to know "the truth," then enter the door of the north of here. You deserve to know what I did." 

You saw the open door in front of you. 

(Y/N): What did she do? 

You went to the door, and saw it was an elevator. 

(Y/N): Alright, here goes. 

You hit a button, and as the door closed, all of a sudden- 

Elevator Voice: WARNING WARNING! ELEVATOR LOSING POWER! EM TETHER STABILITY LOST! 

The elevator dropped at a rapid speed! 

(Y/N): AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! 

You fell for what seemed like 10 hours, and then you landed and went through the crashed doors to see a broken-down place. 

(Y/N): What is this place? 

There were panels nearby. 

(Y/N): "This is it. Time to do what the King has asked me to do. I will create the power to free us all. I will unleash the power of the Soul. The barrier is blocked by Soul Power. Unfortunately, this power cannot be recreated artificially. Soul power can only be serviced from what was once living. So, to creat more, we will have to use what we have now, the souls of monsters." She what?!