Asgore!

You walked on through the dead city of the capital, and as you did- 

???: HUMAN! 

All of the monsters that you ran into, except Nasptablook, Toriel, Sans, Papyrus, Undyne, Alphys, Muffet, Monster Kid, and Mettaton appeared. 

(Y/N): What are you guys doing here? 

Froggit: You deserve to know. 

Wisdrum: Asgore's story. 

(Y/N): What? 

Aaron: A long time ago, a human named Chara fell into the ruins. Injured by his fall, he called out for help. 

Wisdrum: Asriel, the king's son heard Chara's call. He brought the human back to the castle. 

Slime Monster: Overtime, Asriel and Chara became like siblings. The King and Queen treated Chara as their own child. The Underground was filled with so much hope. 

Small Monster: But then one day, Chara became very ill. 

Vegetoid Monster: Chara had only one more request, to see the flowers from their village. But there was nothing that we could do. And then ... Chara died. 

Snow Monster: Asriel wracked with grief, absorbed Chara's soul. He transformed into a being with incredible power. 

Ice Monster: With Chara's soul, Asriel crossed through the barrier and carried Chara's body into the sunset, back to the village of humans. Asriel then reached the center, and found a bed of golden flowers. 

Siren: Suddenly, screams rang out. The villagers saw Asriel and thought he killed Chara. 

Dummy: The humans attacked him with everything they had! He was struck with blow after blow. Asriel had the power to destroy all of them. 

Knight: But ... he didn't fight back. He just smiled and walked away while clutching Chara. 

Froggit: Wounded, Asriel stumbled home, and he entered and collapsed in the castle. His dust spread across the garden. 

Wisdrum: The Kingdom fell into despair, the King and Queen lost both of their children in one night! Your people took them away from us. 

Monster: That's when ... King Asgore decided all humans who fall down here must die. with enough souls, we can shatter the barrier forever. 

(Y/N): And, why have you guys- 

Monsters: You are planning on ending Asgore, right? 

You felt tears swelling up inside. 

(Y/N): NO WONDER ASGORE WANTS HUMANS DEAD! THAT POOR MAN HAS SUFFERED ENOUGH! I- HOW CAN THEY JUST- ASRIEL WAS JUST A FUCKING KID! HE DIDN'T EVEN DO ANYTHING WRONG! 

Monsters: Soon enough, we're all going to be free. 

(Y/N): I hope so. 

You just turned and continued onwards. 

You soon went into a throne room surrounded by golden flowers. 

???: Dum dee dum. 

There he was, Asgore, the King of the Monsters.