Chapter 65

This should be a very urgent letter.

It was placed in the hand of the messenger, and the surface was slightly wrinkled and stained with sweat.

Lin Bozhou seemed to see clearly the content on the back of the paper. He did not open it immediately. His eyebrows were hazy and he took a gentle breath. He decided to read the letter, picking at the edges of the paint with his fingertips.

The sound of pages turning.

His eyes scanned the page.

"When will Your Majesty prepare to—"

The word "go in" was not said, and the questioning voice of the Beizhen Fusi officer stopped abruptly in the midst of the tension.

Meng Huan raised his bright, round eyes and landed on Lin Bozhou's face. The silence in his heart was a strange premonition that something was not going well. Just now, the postmaster mentioned the word "Liaodong", his face was covered with frost, and his clothes and hair were wet with sweat, making this premonition more and more obvious.

moment.

Lin Bozhou clenched the letter into a ball with his fingers. He always showed his emotions and anger. This slight movement let everyone know that Lin Bozhou was in a terrible mood, and his head drooped further.

Lin Bozhou spoke, his dark and slender eyebrows raised, and his voice was almost ferocious: "What is Mao Chengchang doing! It has only been a few days since Zhu Lizhen's rebellion, but he actually broke through the Great Wall. Now the cavalry is heading south to attack the door of Liaodong Dusi's house! What is he doing!"

"Back then, the ancestors' cavalry went north to patrol the northern border, and carved two monuments to the slaves Gandusi. Everyone in the four seas surrendered to the power of the great clan! Only two hundred years have passed, and the great clan has reached a stage where it has no way to deal with the rebellion of small tribes. , I can only let him be beaten and scolded, and watch him fight through the trenches of the Great Wall!"

The Great Wall is a military defense project used to limit the invasion of enemy cavalry. It also has a large number of cities, barriers, pavilions, and forts set up to pay attention to and care for each other. From time to time, the sect would allocate materials and send people to repair it. Logically speaking, it should be the strongest defense system.

But within half a month, the Great Wall was actually invaded, which is simply unheard of!

Lin Bozhou was furious. People around him did not dare to speak and were sweating. Some people realized the real danger and were stunned by the shock of hearing the letter.

It's not like Da Zong has never experienced rebellions, chieftains rebelled, people rebelled, and foreign invasions also occurred from time to time. The purpose of the Zhuli Zhen clan in Jianzhou seemed to be quite clear. Coming from Jizhou.

The mountain rain is coming and the wind is blowing all over the building.

Lin Bozhou handed the crumpled letter back to the postman: "Give it to the Secretary of General Affairs, make three copies, and send it to His Majesty, the Cabinet and the Ministry of War, so that they can all see Mao Chengchang's virtue!"

The postman took the letter and rode away.

The sound of horse hooves faded away, and after it quieted down, Meng Huan heard her own rapid heartbeat.

His hands and feet felt weak and weak.

Whether it was modern or ancient times, this was the first time Meng Huan had experienced war. Even if he was not on the battlefield, he could still imagine the scenes of horses and corpses wrapped in leather thousands of miles away, bloody battles on the battlefield, and the displacement of people.