Chapter 103

It was freezing cold, and the cloth shoes made a squeaking sound when stepping on the snow.

A small figure walked in the snow, breathing hot air from his mouth, his cheeks flushed, and he arrived at the foot of the corridor with a head full of goose feathers, his hood filled with snowflakes.

It's Meng Huan.

He pushed the snow off his body, while the housekeeper was directing people to move the flower pots.

"Put it this way."

"Over there, over there, facing the steps..."

"Well, that's neat."

He turned around and saw Meng Huan, smiling: "The young gentleman is here."

"Steward Sun, thank you for your hard work." Meng Huan looked at him and said, "I am here to paint a picture for Lord Commander-in-Chief today as ordered by my wife."

Unknowingly, Meng Huan had been at the General Military Mansion for several days. He had just finished painting his wife's portrait two days ago. His wife was satisfied and asked the General Soldier to draw one as well so that he could prepare it in the near future.

When he went out, the snow was heavy. Lin Bozhou patted his clothes and gave him some detailed instructions. Meng Huan was now patting the snow on his clothes, and unconsciously thought of Lin Bozhou again.

...I always feel that since Lin Bozhou got drunk that night, his whole person seems to be a little different. He is still as tender as water, but he seems not so gloomy.

As I was scratching my head and recalling, I heard Butler Sun's distressed voice: "I can't finish my painting today. I was just trying to find someone to tell Mr. Little, but I didn't expect you to come here first."

Meng Huan was puzzled: "Ah? Why?"

"The master suddenly has something important. I'm afraid he has to lead the troops out of the city." Butler Sun didn't want to say too much, so he lowered his ear and leaned close to his ear. Party, some say, the regent has rebelled!"

The air was quiet for a few seconds.

It had been a while since he heard the word "Prince Regent". Meng Huan almost didn't realize that it was Lin Bozhou. After he was stunned for two or three seconds to react, there seemed to be a buzzing sound in his mind, like thunder, and everything went blank.

Meng Huan raised his face, snow fell on his eyelashes, making his face look red and his eyes dark. He took a deep breath to confirm: "Who rebelled?"

"Prince Regent," Steward Sun didn't dare to discuss it, so he just chatted. "I also heard from people outside that people fleeing from Zhuzhou said that there was a fight between the Prince Regent's soldiers and the soldiers of the imperial court. I don't know whether it's true or not. What do you think? , Liaodong is already at war, and outsiders are attacking us, why are our own people starting to fight again? "

His tone was sad.

Hearing what he said, he was not sure whether the General Military Mansion was also in danger. Meng Huan licked his lips nervously: "Is the General General going to attack the regent?"

Butler Sun: "I, a servant, don't know this."

Meng Huan's mood was a little complicated, and he felt extremely subtle.

It's like a person who is so poor that he eats porridge and pickles for half a month, and suddenly someone jumps out and says that this person is a super rich man.

He and Lin Bozhou fled all the way to the city. Lin Bozhou was blind and miserable. In order to make ends meet, he even sold paintings to make a living. How could Lin Bozhou be rumored to be a rebel?