Chapter 92

"Let's go quickly." Zhu Dong said.

Meng Huan's footsteps seemed to be frozen in place: "Where are you going?"

"Go down to the tower. The opponent is good at using bows and arrows. It's dangerous to stand here."

Meng Huan let him pull him and ran downstairs, just in time to miss the sergeants who went up to the tower in an orderly manner. They followed the instructions and stood at their respective positions.

When he ran back to the street, Meng Huan could no longer see the scene outside the city, but he could hear the chaotic screams outside the city.

There were many people setting up stalls on the street. They packed up their bags and went home, closing their doors. The city was immersed in a panic, as if the end of the world was coming.

Several figures hurriedly ran in front, led by Shan Xing. He found Meng Huan, and the sweat on his forehead finally fell: "Young Master Biao, please go back to the government office quickly. Don't go out unless necessary. The prince will solve everything here. If there is anything, I will also tell Master Biao."

He was obviously sent by Lin Bozhou to protect Meng Huan.

"Can......"

Meng Huan's eyebrows flashed with confusion.

Others wearing books are probably going to the battlefield to kill the enemy at this time, but Meng Huan does not have the ability to fight, so he can only stay in the safe city as a person protected by the fighters and try not to cause trouble to others.

His mind was in chaos, flashing through the people outside the city, the refugees trampled to death by horse hooves, and... the medicine given to Lin Bozhou.

He was enveloped in a huge feeling of powerlessness.

Meng Huan has always been very clear about himself. When faced with things that are within his control, he can go all out and do whatever it takes, but the current situation is not within his ability.

Only Lin Bozhou's courage and insight can control the overall situation of the world.

Only Lin Bozhou can.

Only Lin Bozhou dared.

"I'll go back home right away," Meng Huan said.

He returned to the yard and found the medicine jar that had been brewing medicine for Lin Bozhou still on the stove. It contained the cooled concoction and gave off a bitter smell.

Meng Huan stared at the concoction for a while, as if he was still immersed in the afternoon. Zhu Lizhen did not invade, Lin Bozhou did not suffer from eye disease, and the refugees were not treated as worthless garbage. After a moment, he woke up and remembered that it was time to give Lin Bozhou some night medicine. Pick up the charcoal fire, raise the stove, and watch the red flames shine brightly again.

It was as if, in the firelight, I could clearly see Lin Bozhou's features -

In the past few days, the fire outside the city has never been extinguished, and in the middle of the night, there are often rumbling sounds outside the city.

Meng Huan was bored staying in the yard and boiled medicine for Lin Bozhou every day. Each time, he put it in a brand-new jar, wrapped it in a quilt, put it in a small basket, and asked Shan Xing to carry it to the camp.

There was a "click" at the door, and Shan Xing came back, holding a medicine jar with cracks all over the jar.

"Your Majesty dropped the medicine jar," he said.