Chapter 69

"..."

This is only the first day.

Just meet Lin Bozhou?

Isn't it a little too self-possessed?

Meng Huan murmured in his heart as he carried a lantern and walked to the palace prison. However, Chen An's acting skills are really good, and he said: "It's not good to wake up the servants in the middle of the night. If my nephew is not asleep, he can help his uncle hold a lantern. It would be best if he can look familiar to the prince."

Chen An has always been serious, but he actually told lies in a serious manner just to let him meet the prince. Meng Huan was really embarrassed.

The palace prison was dark and gloomy in the middle of the night. Some unkempt men and women who had committed crimes in the palace were imprisoned. Meng Huan smelled the familiar smell of blood. In the flickering candle shadow in front of him, a man with his long fingers half-supporting his forehead was sitting in a chair. His clothes were bright and colorful. Bright, extremely noble, holding a bowl of tea in one hand.

"..."

From a distance, he met Lin Bozhou's gaze.

Lin Bozhou narrowed his eyes and looked away indifferently.

"..."

Pretty good at acting.

Chen An stepped forward to speak, while Meng Huan stood silently by the door, playing the role of a qualified boy. Only then did he notice another person hanging from the beam, covered in blood and flesh. He was so frightened that he took a step back unconsciously.

"Your Majesty," Chen An asked, "is there anything urgent?"

Lin Bozhou looked solemn: "Cui Lang escaped."

Hearing these words, Meng Huan couldn't help but look over.

Chen An was also surprised: "What?"

"I ordered Luo Qianhu to intercept him on his way back to Cui Mansion and kill him if he could. However, he should have known that he was being targeted by me. After leaving the palace, he did not return to Cui Mansion. Instead, he left the city all the way and hid in the mountains. I don't know which friend's house I'm going to hide in, or which temple in the mountains I'm hiding in."

Lin Bozhou raised his eyes and signaled: "The people from Luo Qianhu rushed over and only caught one attendant who returned home. Now we hope to see if we can get some words out of him."

"So that's it." Chen An's face was filled with thoughts.

As the chief historian of the palace, he is responsible for the government affairs of the palace. Obviously, he can't sleep tonight. He must sort out this attendant.

He coughed, not sure if it was intentional: "I understand, I will judge the person now. Your Majesty, please take care of your health and go back to rest." After he finished speaking, he turned his head and motioned to Meng Huan softly, "My dear nephew, go back. Tell aunt that she won't come back tonight and let her turn off the lights and rest early."

Meng Huan said, "I'm leaving now."

Lin Bozhou looked sideways, then as if he saw Meng Huan, he chatted and said, "Chen An, is this your nephew?"

Chen An came up with the lines he had prepared: "He is the little grandson of my mother's sister. He is useless. He was sent to the capital to ask me to find a job. He just arrived this afternoon."

Meng Huan paused and looked up at Lin Bozhou.

An attendant behind him whispered: "The prince is asking you something! Kneel down quickly."