Chapter 52

The atmosphere was anxious. In the hearts of the young masters who had never been rejected, those who did not appreciate praise would be beaten more or less. Cui Lang was the grandson of the chief minister, and his status was respected, so his men would be more domineering.

An Chui was like an untied dog, rushing up and barking to protect his owner.

Meng Huan backed away, a little afraid of being criticized. He was about to let the two guards come forward to fight with him, but Cui Lang grabbed An Chui's shoulders and pulled him back.

"You are so bold!" Cui Lang looked angry and clasped his fist at Meng Huan, "Don't blame me, sir. He is just a barbarian and doesn't understand etiquette. He speaks loudly and is brave and wild. Even I am often startled by him."

Then he kicked him: "Don't bring out those things of yours to scare people, I've told you so many times! Apologize to the young master."

An Chui kicked him so hard that he bent over, but his expression was no longer as unruly as before. He stared at Meng Huan with sharp eyes, reminiscent of a carnivorous eagle, and he lowered his head.

"I'm sorry, sir." Although the words were not sincere, the etiquette was there. "It's a small rudeness."

You Jin refused to give up: "Watch your dog carefully. If you really hurt my son in the slightest, I will come to see you with my head raised!"

Cui Lang couldn't help laughing, and clasped his fists again: "I'm offended."

Meng Huan also breathed a sigh of relief, thinking that you had saved his life. When he turned around, a figure walked in the door.

The old man who bought the plums was a bit old. He came in with his waist bent and asked: "Young gentlemen, it's hot, can you ask for a drink of water?"

Cui Lang responded quickly: "Come here! Give the old man a glass of water!"

He handed the scoop to him, and he handed it to the old man and asked with a smile: "How much money did you make today?"

"There's no money to be made, the plums are all rotten from the heat."

This old man belongs to the lowest level of the people. He has lice on his head, his body smells of sweat, and he looks sad.

Cui Lang shook his head and said, "It's not easy."

He just stood there and started talking to the old man.

This scene was similar to that of an upright official meeting the people in a TV series, and Meng Huan couldn't help but take a second look.

After what happened to Lin Bozhou, Meng Huan discovered that many of the things he saw in the original book were not what they seemed on the surface. Cui Lang and Lin Bozhou were both rivals, so were they good or bad?

Was it right for the original owner to flee to Jianzhou?

After thinking about it all the way, he walked to the Lu Mansion and asked the concierge to inform him. After a while, the concierge came out and answered him: "Sir, our young master is not in the mansion. During this time, he went to Mingtai Temple in the south of the city to escape the summer heat and prepare for the exam."

"..."

After walking for so long and hearing that he was not here, Meng Huan felt numb.

But thinking that it would be inappropriate to hand the letter to a servant, he had no choice but to nod, "Then I'll go to Mingtai Temple to find him."

I was speechless all the way, but returning without success is a normal part of life. Although I didn't find Lu Nanxing this time, I walked around the city and became more familiar with the road.