Chapter 119

In the underground tomb, Meng Huan was held by Lin Bozhou's hand, and a slight chill grew on his back.

"Your Majesty has not returned to Guzhou for six years, and now that he has come back he will never leave again. Are you still used to living in the capital?" Eunuch Chen, who had grown up watching Lin Bozhou in his arms, asked lovingly.

Lin Bozhou: "I wasn't used to it at first, but I got used to it later."

"That's good. In the past few years, the old slave has been guarding the tomb of the late king and the princess, adding lamp oil day and night, and the lights have never been extinguished. The late king and the late princess may have been waiting for the prince to come back to visit."

The depths of the tomb are getting darker and darker, and the walls of the tomb are lit with lights flickering.

"The apse is here, Prince and Princess."

The apse is where the coffins of the late king and the late princess are stored.

When worshiping, people generally do not come to the underground apse. They only worship in the hall where the crowns of the king and concubines are placed on the ground. Only those who are very close will come to the apse to visit.

The atmosphere in the tomb is gloomy.

Meng Huan was hesitating, but his hand was held tightly by Lin Bozhou: "Don't be afraid."

They entered the apse. There was a sacrificial incense burner placed in front of the coffin. Eunuch Chen hung the lamp on the tomb wall and lowered his head.

"My slave, please step back first. If the prince has something to do, please call me."

There were only two coffins left in the back hall, Lin Bozhou and Meng Huan.

Lin Bozhou took two sticks of incense and lit them in front of the everlasting lamp. He handed one stick to Meng Huan and stayed quiet for a while in front of the coffin.

"Father, mother, concubine, my son has returned home."

The coffin was placed quietly, like two stones that could not hear anything.

Meng Huan held the incense in her hand and smelled the smell of ashes.

"My son didn't have time to get married in Guzhou, so he went to the capital to get married. His surname is Meng Minghuan. Now bring him here to show his father and mother."

Lin Bozhou took Meng Huan's hand, his eyelashes picked up the thin light of the dark lamp, and his voice was gentle, "To my son, he seems to be a gift from Bodhisattva. Seeing how pitiful my son has been for so many years, let him help my son."

"..."

Meng Huan's heart was slightly shaken.

The incense in his hand was offered into the furnace.

When the ashes were scattered, the events of Lin Bozhou's youth in the original book came to mind.

When he was two or three years old, the child could read and recite. His father was ecstatic when he heard the child's voice: "I, Lin Luan, have a successor, and the clan can prosper!"

When I was a child, I was surrounded by a group of prince's disciples, sitting on a stool and memorizing the Four Books and Five Classics, three rituals and three notes. My young and fair face was quiet. After memorizing it, I looked at the face of my mother and concubine through the curtain amid the praises.

As a young boy, Lin Bozhou fell off his horse and lost his sight. His father immediately declared him a cripple: "There must be someone to inherit the clan, but the disabled will not be passed down. It is better to train his younger brothers in the future. Zhou'er will be like this for the rest of his life."