Chapter 109

In the Palace of Qianqing.

A thin figure was wiping the palace lantern, lowering his head, and the light illuminated the round-collared red robe eunuch uniform on his body.

He is actually in his forties, but his face is fair and his chin is beardless, making him look as young as his twenties or thirties.

As he slowly wiped the lamp, a scream sounded from behind: "Don't kill me! Don't kill me! I will give you whatever you want, let me go!"

"Let it go, let it go! You all get out! Get out!"

He subconsciously wanted to turn around, but his hand paused and he stopped. Another male voice sounded next to Emperor Xuanhe: "Your Majesty, please rest assured. Your Majesty, I am here."

Emperor Xuanhe seemed to have woken up. His hair was disheveled and his eyes were dazed. After looking at the person guarding him for a while, he seemed to recognize who it was.

Cui Lang is also a Zen master of Wufeng.

Emperor Xuanhe smiled: "Look, I told you a long time ago that I like to have nightmares on rainy nights. Do you believe it?"

Cui Lang nodded: "Your Majesty, all dreams are reversed. There are also runes from Linggu Zen Temple placed on the bedside. There is no need to worry about anything."

"Yes, I just woke up from sleep and haven't recovered yet."

He scanned the area and took out the talisman: "Why do I still have nightmares even after I invited the talisman? Who was the person who consecrated my talisman?"

Pei Xiyi then lowered his head and said, "The head of Linggu Zen Temple is Master Yuanhui."

"What Yuanhui, it's useless, he took his first position to me!" Emperor Xuanhe suddenly opened his eyes in anger.

Pei Xiyi responded, and Cui Lang's face turned slightly pale. He felt it was completely unnecessary, but he did not dare to disobey Xu Xuanhe Emperor's words and remained silent.

Emperor Xuanhe looked at the white layer of snow outside the palace, empty, as if it was far away.

"Is Brother Huang dead?" he asked.

Cui Lang knelt in front of the couch for two hours. He couldn't kneel anymore and his knees hurt. He said, "People are spreading rumors everywhere, but we don't know whether they are true or not, Your Majesty."

Emperor Xuanhe looked away, looked at Cui Lang again, and suddenly kicked his knee: "Do you know that I used to have nightmares in the middle of the night, and the emperor would kneel here and watch over me all night? ?"

Cui Lang didn't like to hear these words. He felt that he was better than Lin Bozhou in everything, so he straightened his waist and said, "Although the prince was once kind to your majesty, it was just to win people's hearts. If the prince was really towards your majesty, how could he hold on tightly?" If you don't entrust your authority to your Majesty, why are you still plotting rebellion in Liaodong? I hope your Majesty will understand why you don't forget your great gifts for small gains."

Emperor Xuanhe nodded: "You are right, he deserves to die."

Pei Xiyi looked away, put the lamp back in the first cabinet, and picked up the second lamp.

Emperor Xuanhe said to himself: "But you are the grandson of Mr. Cui Ge after all, and you have prejudices against your brother. Pei Xiyi, tell me!"

He yelled casually, not sure if it was to confirm his own thoughts or simply to listen to opinions.

Pei Xiyi didn't know anything about it, so he could only guess at him and said, "I guess there are times when the prince treats your majesty sincerely."