Chapter 86

Lin Bozhou: "Continue."

The eunuch's voice became lower and lower: "The new-faced Zen master looks very similar to the eldest grandson of Cui Mansion..."

The words paused, and the content behind them was self-explanatory.

After a slight silence, Lin Bozhou tightened his grip on the handle of the chair, tensed his shoulders and exhaled, with a bleak look on his face: "I know everything. You go down and have a good rest. Come, I'll reward you with a hundred taels of silver."

"Thank you, Your Majesty." The eunuch saluted and turned to leave.

When the yard became empty, Meng Huan stepped forward and said casually: "Is there such a big reward?"

"Not much." Lin Bozhou was still a little tired and held his hand, "Your Majesty doesn't want my husband to know about Cui Lang. He must have said hello to everyone in the palace, but this minister dared to tell my husband that he was going to return to the palace." Palace may be a capital crime."

"......Yeah?"

Meng Huan looked at the back of the eunuch unexpectedly. He looked thin, thin and a bit old, and he was helped across the porch.

...Meng Huan had never thought that people in the imperial city needed to be so cautious in their words and deeds. One wrong move could cost a person's life with just one word.

Inexplicable emotions welled up in his heart, and some things seemed to have never been seen clearly before. Meng Huan asked: "Your Majesty still keeps Cui Lang, what should I do?"

"There is a high probability that your Majesty will make up your mind to protect Cui Lang because he is here and will never care about world affairs again."

Lin Bozhou paused for a moment: "But."

"If he doesn't want to take revenge, it would be best for him to live in seclusion in the mountains and forests. He would just hang around His Majesty. When His Majesty is beguiled by his clever words and sex, he will definitely seek revenge. Therefore, if he cannot stay, he will be killed."

In order for Meng Huan to understand, Lin Bozhou told the matter in detail.

Meng Huan nodded, trying to follow his train of thought and participate in the discussion. But for a long while, he could only say "Hmm, huh!" in agreement.

Lin Bozhou lifted up his still damp hair and wiped it gently with a handkerchief, "But my husband is now in Liaodong, but he has reached out to the capital with the intention of killing the Zen master whom His Majesty loves. This will make Your Majesty lose his sense of security and give birth to fear." , became suspicious."

Meng Huan felt an exclamation mark in his heart and turned his head to look at him.

"But Cui Lang will definitely die, but His Majesty keeps his affairs as if he doesn't know about it. It's best to let people in the palace take action and pretend it's an accident."

Although His Majesty will also doubt him, there is no evidence after all, and it will not cause psychological trauma as directly as if he ordered the palace people to hunt Cui Lang.

Meng Huan nodded again: "Okay."

Lin Bozhou knocked on his head and pulled out of his immersed thoughts. He raised the corners of his lips slightly and gestured to the food on the table: "It's time to eat."

The government office had not been repaired over the years, and during the war, the eaves and beams were always missing pieces. The items in the city were expensive. No candles were lit as evening approached, but a few torches were placed aside, giving off an orange-red light. .