Chapter 79

Meng Huan placed her hand on his warm palm.

All the way down the mountain.

Shanhaiguan City Gate was opened unexpectedly. When they learned that it was the regent's men, the sergeants in the city were a little confused. However, a column of elite soldiers quickly entered the city and took advantage of the night to arrest the drunken Mao Chengchang.

The night is as dark as ink, and the full moon hangs high.

Lin Bozhou's crimson python robe stepped into the military department's headquarters, fireworks were held high, and Mao Chengchang lay on the ground, looking at the tall and upright figure in front of him with a look of shock. Recognizing the queen regent from her clothes, he looked ashen and said, "Meet the prince."

Lin Bozhou's eyebrows were covered with a faint shadow, and his voice was calm: "You have done a good job in guarding the border, but you made Zhu Lizhen rise to power, brought chaos to Liaodong, and devastated the people. The merits cannot be outweighed. Now I want to take your head to satisfy the anger of the civilians and to comfort the morale of the army. What else is there? Want to say something?"

Mao Chengchang's voice sounded old: "My lord, I have nothing to say."

The two generations of courtiers did not exchange greetings, only settling accounts after the fall. Lin Bozhou was still kind and did not reveal the stinking behavior of his attempt to sacrifice his life, so as not to make him suffer from the 18th level of hell and never recover.

Lin Bozhou turned his back and gave the order: "Take him to prison, interrogate the officials of the DPRK and China who colluded with him, sign and draw him, detain him for questioning, and send his head to the three armies."

So decisive in dealing with things.

Mao Chengchang, who had been guarding Liaodong for thirty years, no one in the court dared to touch him, so he died overnight.

The atmosphere inside the Military Department was solemn and one could hear the drop of a needle. No one expected that Liaodong would change hands in an instant, and they would change from Mao Chengchang's soldiers to Lin Bozhou's soldiers.

There seemed to be a moment of panic. However, Lin Bozhou returned to the military department to deliver the seal. After going through the process, the people in the entire Shanhaiguan yamen finally stabilized.

Late at night.

Lin Bozhou's eyebrows showed a tired look: "Where do you live?"

Commander Zhu Hai said hurriedly: "Your Majesty, the General Military Mansion has asked the subordinates to clean it up."

Lin Bozhou hummed and moved to the General Military Mansion.

The royal guards finally came in handy. After hearing the order, they went ahead of him and cleaned up the room where Lin Bozhou lived.

Meng Huan mingled among a group of servants and soldiers, not knowing where to sleep, until Chen An came over to lure him and said warmly: "Go and serve the prince."

Meng Huan walked towards the courtyard where Lin Bozhou lived.

The atmosphere was different from that of the palace. Outside the door stood soldiers with guns, taking turns to work, and their armor was solemn.

Several locust trees were planted in the yard. When Meng Huan entered, someone boiled a pot of hot water and was about to wash Lin Bozhou's feet.

Lin Bozhou held the military book and flipped through it. When he saw Meng Huan entering the door, he didn't even raise his eyes. He said in a cold tone: "It's his turn to wash my feet. You all go down."