Chapter 104

Stepped out of the General Military Mansion.

Meng Huan mentally thought about the information he wanted to find out. He and Lin Bozhou must meet up with the palace guards. If the palace guards cannot find this place, he and Lin Bozhou must also find the palace guards.

Here, the only ones who can bring news about the royal guards are the refugees from Bizhou.

As for where these refugees are... Meng Huan stood on the snowy street and looked around.

Different cities have different attitudes toward refugees, some are friendly, and some are indifferent, because enemy troops may disguise themselves as refugees and ambush the city to cause trouble, and the refugees are also mixed with bandits and rogues, making the order chaotic. Therefore, prefectures usually set up special areas to temporarily house homeless refugees, and occasionally distribute free food, and refugees will also gather in those places.

Meng Huan asked passers-by: "Where are all the people who fled?"

A passerby raised his hand and pointed: "Puji Temple."

Puji Temple?

Meng Huan asked for directions along the way, and sure enough, there were many refugees taking in. They were in tattered clothes, holding children and supporting old people. Some were lying on the ground, and some were sitting, miserable.

These people are most likely from Suzhou, but some are not.

Meng Huan was among the crowd, asking around: "Have you seen the royal guards?"

There are often people among the refugees looking for someone, but few ask where the army is, and many ask about their separated wives and children. What's more, ordinary people can't remember which army is which, and only those with a little sense can understand.

"have no idea."

"have no idea."

A middle-aged man in his forties shook his head.

"The Royal Guards? The Regent said they were rebelling. Maybe the guards left with him."

"..."

Has Lin Bozhou's reputation as a rebel spread this far?

Meng Huan scratched his head.

He said thank you and walked a few steps to the most accessible place among the crowd.

A man in his thirties was setting up a fortune-telling stall. When he heard the question, he looked up at him for a while and said, "Oh, two days ago, I saw the handsome flag of the palace guard on Lianshui Road."

Meng Huan's spirit perked up: "Really? Where is Lianshui Road?"

"That must be true. The regent rebelled, and his soldiers were driven away. They were running here and there. It's not easy to encounter them." The man said, "Lianshui Road is more than a hundred miles east of the city. I just came over there. . Hey, but some people say that the regent did not rebel, but was killed by a traitor just after winning the battle. His whereabouts are unknown now, and no one knows what happened. "

After all, the common people got the news by spreading it from one person to another.

Meng Huan tried to spread the correct news; "He must have been killed by an adulterer."

The other party was noncommittal and scratched his chin: "Why do you ask these questions?"

Meng Huan said casually, "I have a distant relative who is from the palace."

After saying that, Meng Huan stood up with his knees supported.

He inquired around among the refugees and finally pieced together the information.