Chapter 48 [Ideal]

◎Why should retribution come to her children? ◎

Zhan Ji decided to make a quick decision and went with Su Weiping to get the certificate on the tenth day of the lunar month.

The leaders of the army are also very happy to see this happen. After all, they have to get married first and then start a career. Only when men are married and have a family can they dare to entrust them with important tasks. Otherwise, no matter how capable they are, they will still be immature in the eyes of the leaders.

But Zhan's mother couldn't accept it.

"Are you going to make me mad to death? Huh? Tell me!" Zhan's mother took Zhan Ji's arm, patted Zhan Ji's back with her hands, and burst into tears: "My mother has seen so many good girls at home, you don’t want anyone, but you insist on coming from a small county, are you stupid?”

Zhan Ji straightened his back, said nothing, and just stood there and let his mother beat him.

His behavior made Zhan's mother helpless.

Beat him, she felt bad, after all, it was her son, but if she didn't beat him, she felt that his son was disobedient.

"What happened to the small county town?"

Seeing that Zhan's mother was tired from beating, Zhan Jicai asked calmly: "Mom, do you look down on the small county town?"

Zhan's mother said: "..."

She did look down on her, but she could say this. What?

"You look down on the small county town just because you look down on dad. Mom, don't forget. Before he joined the army, dad was not even from the county town. He was just a cowherd boy from a poor village. He didn't go to a military school like Uncle Wang, unlike Uncle Liu, who gave up his writing and joined the army. If the country had not gone through ups and downs, how would my father have reached this point?"

Zhan Ji opened his eyes wide, as if there was light in his eyes.

"You yourself are only married to an ordinary rural soldier. Why do you look down on girls from small counties?"

Zhan's mother trembled with lips, unable to refute a word.

"You interfered in the marriage between the eldest brother and the second brother. Do you think you did the right thing?"

Zhan Ji squinted at his sister-in-law who was standing beside him silently: "Then do you dare to call the eldest brother now and ask him about his life these years? How is he doing? Ask him if he is happy these years? "

The sister-in-law immediately turned her head away.

She had a bad relationship with her husband, and they usually lived in two places. Her husband had an official career and worked as a county magistrate in the county below all year round. But she couldn't bear that kind of hardship, so she stayed with her mother-in-law in the capital.

Happy? Are you happy?

Zhan Ji was asking about his mother, so why wasn't he asking about her?

Her husband's indifference and busyness had already cooled her enthusiasm when she was newly married.

Whether you are happy or not, whether you are happy or not, isn't it just about living your life?

Zhan's mother was dumbfounded. She looked at Zhan Ji in disbelief. She wanted to refute, but she didn't know where to start. Thinking about it carefully, it seemed that the other two sons went home less and less often, and the time became shorter and shorter.

"Mom, I just came to inform you that I have decided to marry into the Su family."

He looked at his biological mother with a sarcastic face: "Do you know what my mother-in-law's only request is for me?"