Silver, Blue Grey Eyes

Prince William watched as Valerie removed the old bandages and cleaned his wounds carefully, before she spread salve and leaves over it and wrapped it with a new strip of cloth. Her hands were gentle as she worked on the warrior and he relaxed and waited for her to finish.

"Do you have a name?" He finally asked, as soon as she collected the wasted material and the remaining salve off the bed.

Valerie walked over to the fireplace and threw the old bandages in the fire, and placed the medicine paste on the mantle. Grabbing the stoker, she stoked the fire again before she turned to face the warrior.

"My name doesn't matter." She said and walked up to the bed, "what is your name?" She asked him, as she threw a light blanket over him.

"Who is your Master?" He asked, ignoring her question on purpose. He wanted to know who her Master was so he could buy her from him, she could be a valuable addition to his team of healers in the palace.

"I have only one Master, and He is in the Heavens!"

"I take it then that you are a commoner, to what clan do you belong to?" He asked her impatiently. He noticed that she was avoiding answering his questions.

"I belong to God and no one else." She replied, "please, let me help you sit up so you may eat your dinner, you are probably starving!"

Placing her hands around his neck, she said, "On the count of three, push yourself up!"

When the young maidens dainty hands touched his neck, a rush of excitement surged through the Warriors body as if bolts of lightening exploded inside him. The warrior tried to catch his breath, what was that, he wondered as he lifted his back.

"Now slowly push yourself all the way back, you can eat better this way if you lean against the wall." She explained.

Prince William did as he was told and inched his arse all the way to the wall. He was not in any kind of pain, his Druid body healed itself a few hours after the injury. He came from a strong bloodline, but he faked his pain, wanting to spend time with the young maiden. She had intrigued him right from the start.

His silver, grey eyes watched as she walked over to the table to get his food, aye she was beautiful, and he wanted her in his bed, but she was just a commoner. What would his father say if he found out that he was interested in a woman who was not worthy of him. He was the Crown Prince of Scotland and as such, he was bound by ancient laws.

"You never told me your name." He told her.

Valerie walked over to the corner and grabbed a tray from the narrow wooden counter. "Names are not important, soon you will leave this place and never come back, what does it matter what my name is, the odds are we will never see each other ever again." She reasoned, as she placed the food on the tray.

****************

This was the first time in Silas's life that he had to endure heartbreak. His soulmate, the one woman with whom he wished to spend the rest of his life with, was pregnant with his babe and she did not want anything to do with him. A full week later and she still refused to allow him to speak about their past. In a few days they will be in India and he was afraid she might flee from him.

Pacing back and forth on deck, Silas was driving himself wild with worry. If his calculations were correct, she was well into her second month of pregnancy! Which meant the babe would be born the end of November, a month before Armageddon! All the blood drained from the Druids face, he needed to call a meeting with his family and find a way to protect his child from the catastrophe that was headed their way, he thought, as he threaded his fingers through his hair.