Flowers

Having feelings of pain was new to the archangel who had watched the black smith be attentive to the love of his life. She was falling in love with the black smith but didn't realize it yet and it was bittersweet for Gabriel, who wanted nothing more than for Alana to fall in love and live in happiness, but had a hard time telling his heart that he must let her go, she did not belong to him, she belonged to the black smith.

After much consideration, and not having the strength anymore to fight it, he could not help but place himself in his invisible form inside the chambers where Alana lay. Gabriel told himself a thousand times that it would be just this once. He wanted to touch her face and place his lips on hers, even though he knew that he would be condemning the both of them to hell.

He walked around the huge bed and lay his body next to her just to feel what it felt like to be in bed with her. His eyes caressed her velvety body slowly from top to bottom.

"Lord," his mind begged, as he tried his hardest to control himself. "Forgive me my trespasses and grant me the strength to leave now before I do something that I will later regret!"

He struggled with his feelings, but in the end he lost. Would it matter if I kissed her lips? Can I not just give her one simple kiss to have something to cherish in my memory before I leave her forever? Can I not just this once touch her? He thought, as desperation consumed him.

Feelings of love and torture claimed his angel heart and he was in danger of over stepping his boundaries.

The candle on the table flickered a few times before it distinguished, darkness settled across the room and with trembling fingers Alana placed the magazines to the side of the bed and heard them slide off and land on the marble floor.

Gabriel closed his eyes and inhaled Alana's sweet scent, as love for her consumed every part of him. "I love you." He thought passionately, and choked back a sob.

Alana stiffened and held her breath, he was here, of that she had no doubt, but why was he here, she thought as her heart pumped faster than normal, as it waited in anticipation for him to announce himself, but minutes ticked away and the Archangel did nothing.

"Gabriel." His name fell from her lips without her realizing it.

Gabriel stiffened and his heart pounded wildly against his muscled chest. Finally he understood how much his reckless behavior would have cost the both of them.

"I know you are here Gabriel!" She whispered desperately in the dark.

The archangel quickly zapped himself off the bed and braced his giant body against the stone wall across the room.

Raising herself in a sitting position, Alana desperately tried to see through the darkness, "Gabriel, speak to me, why do you hide in the dark like a thief in the night!"

Remembering the last time he had broken her heart and the vow she had made to herself to hate him for abandoning her, Alana heart turned to stone as she waited for him to explain to her why he had come back.

The archangel remained silent not trusting himself to speak. It was better this way he tried to convince himself, before he disappeared into thin air.

**************

It was hard for Kainaaz to accept the fact that flowers could speak, and that there were monsters who eat people that existed, but it was even harder to believe that she actually fell into a mirror and found another world. Things like this did not exist, was she dreaming, could this be one of those crazy dreams that people have once in a while?