Shattered Innocence

When they appeared into the Seelie court, Christian knew instantly that something was tragically wrong. "Wait here Adeline, I'll be right back." He told softly, not wanting to alarm her. 

The Seelie Fay walked over to a beautiful fairy and asked, "Where is everyone, why is the court empty of the Scots?" 

"You have trespassed Unseelie, go back to your own court and stay there before Kalan catches you here and murders you!" The fairies pink glittery dress shimmered as she turned her back on the young boy and walked away.

Christian narrowed his eyes angrily and marched after her, "Tell me where the Scots are, I have to return Adeline to them!" 

The fairy turned around quickly and her eyes opened wide when she saw Adeline. "Hawks daughter! Do you have any idea what Hawk will do to you once he finds out that you were with his daughter?"

"She is my friend, and nothing will ever change that!" The boy said passionately.

"Not if Hawk has anything to say about it!"

"Come here child." The fairy motioned for Adeline to come to her.

Christian grabbed her hand and stopped her, "No!" He said hoarsely, knowing that something terribly has gone wrong, and wanting to protect Adeline. "I do not want to upset Adeline in any way, I know something is wrong. I can tell by the way your eyes have changed color three times already that something has happened." 

"Yes something tragic has happened, but tis not our fault, tis the Druidess's fault for abandoning us!" The fairy seethed. "We lost many fairies, and the monsters took all the Scots with them as prisoners!"

Christian's heart beat wildly against his muscled chest, he had saved Adeline's life by bringing her to his own land, tis a miracle that she is alive. "Don't reveal this to her, it will only cause her grief. I will take her back to my land and she will be non the wiser." 

"Are you crazy? You can't take her on your land, the Unseelie's will murder her as soon as they see her! She stays here with us!" The fairy insisted. 

"Nay! She comes with me! I am the Crown Prince of my land, and I will protect her with my life, I shall let no one harm her!" The young boy said angrily.

The beautiful fairy studied Christians face and knew that even though he was just a boy, his body and his mind were that of a young adult. She knew that Adeline will be safer with him on his land, what if the monsters come back to her land and snatch Adeline away? "Aye, take her then, and keep her safe, because if anything happens to her, I will pity you, Hawk will rip you to pieces, especially since Nessa is dead, and all he has left are Violet and Adeline."

Christian's face lost all its color, "She's dead?" He asked hoarsely.

The fairy nodded.

Christian's heart twisted with pain, he knew that Adeline will be devasted when she finds out. He turned around and walked back to Adeline. Adeline tipped her head back amd looked into his eyes, "What is it Christian, why do you look so sad?"

The Fay did his best to cover up his emotions, not wanting to alarm Adeline, "The fairy told me that I can take you with me, because ...." He was lost for words, in his entire life he has never seen a more beautiful girl, how could he tell her the truth and destroy her dreams? 

Adeline's lips trembled with fear, "What are you not telling me Christian, what are you hiding deep in your heart? Where's my people? Where's my mother and my sister?"

"Please Adeline, let me take you with me, I can show you the Unseelie court, it is different than yours, we Unseelie take pride in architecture and have built our world different than yours."