Pride and Prejudice

Alana, Violet and Abby appeared in Fay land, eagerly waiting to tell their families how Alana stood fearless in front of the monster, and destroyed him with just one plunge of her sword, but when they stood in the middle of the the square and overheard talk of the disaster that hit Fay land, they were numb with worry.

Kalan was the first to notice them and his eyes turned dark with anger. "You deliberately disobeyed me Violet!" He coldly accused her. 

Violet was speechless, she knew that if she spoke now, her father and Kalan will strip her of her freedom as punishment for defying them. Abby on the other hand, walked in the middle of the courtyard with pride, her head was held up and her eyes fell on Lucious, daring him to,tell her off.

Lucious was not afraid of her, Queen or no Queen she was still his wife. The Druid was angry as hell, and he was going to give her a piece of his mind. "You did not follow instructions!" He barked loud and clear to make sure that she heard him over the commotion that started when the three women shown themselves in the Fay square. "You were given strict orders to stay away from Time Square, yet you chose to defy the orders!" 

"I do not take orders from you or anyone else, I am queen of Valkyrie, a Warrior of great power!" She answered with a firm and unwavering voice.

"You are my wife first and Queen second!" Lucious said angrily.

"I do not take orders from you Lucious." She said angrily without thinking.

Lucious cold eyes scanned his wife from top to bottom to make sure she was not harmed, when he confirmed she was in one piece he stepped forward, "when a woman disobeys her husband he has the right to punish her by the leather whip, be she Queen or not!" 

Abby's eye's opened wide, he wouldn't dare! By law he did have the right to punish her if she disobeyed her him, but surly he wouldn't use the whip on her, would he? She thought as she took a step backwards. 

"You deliberately ignored my command, and placed yourself in a very dangerous situation!" Lucious told her, and stepped in front of her. Looking down at his petite wife, all he wanted to do was pull her into his arms and kiss her passionately, but if he didn't punish her now, what would she do the next time he gave her an order? "You are punished Abby, I am stripping you of your sword for a year!" 

Abby tilted her head back and narrowed her eye's on her husband, "You can't do that, you have no right!"

"I am your husband and have every right!" He told her, and stared deep into her eyes to warn her to keep her mouth shut and save herself from further punishment. 

"I am your wife, not your child, and I will not be treated as such." She spit out, not heeding his warning glance. 

"Silence!" He roared angrily, she was digging her own grave and he was desperate to make her stop talking before it was too late. 

"Never!" She yelled back at him.

"Your wife needs to be put on a leash, she seems to have bigger balls than you." Someone called out from the angry crowd, and everyone started to laugh out loud, making a fool out of Lucious. 

Lucious swore under his breath, and grabbed Abby by the hair. He pulled her against his chest and looked down at her, "Don't do this Abby!" He whispered hoarsely for her ears alone, a last attempt to save her from the whip.

Feeling humiliated, and hurt by the way Lucious was treating her, she spit in his face and felt a great satisfaction when Lucious's face looked surprised, but when his face turned dark with anger, and his jaw twitched, she finally realized that she had gone too far.