Welcome Back

Seth, Kristina and their beautiful daughter Valerie, finally returned to Sterlingshire, and the entire ΜacAlister clan was out in the courtyard to greet them. This would be Valerie's first time at the castle, Seth and Kristina had schooled her at the Abby, where the nuns raised her and trained her to perfection.

Everyone's curiousity was peaked, they wanted to see what Seth's daughter looked like, would she have the beautiful look of her mother or the aristocrat MacAlister look? Was she a wild and rebellious child from being locked up in the Abby all her life, or was she quiet and refined as the nuns in the Abby were?

Seth's decision to lock her up in the Abby came as no surprise to anyone. Ever since Kristina had the dream while she was pregnant that her daughter would be abducted by the Kings men and taken against her will to court, Seth didn't want to take any chances. Everyone knew that most of Kristina's dreams came true and the decision was made to give birth to her in the Abby and keep her there until she was at least three months of age for her own safety.

Seth helped Kristina off the carriage, and walked her to where the Macalister woman stood. Hugs and words of endearment were exchanged and then everyone's attention turned to the carriage. Seth walked back to help his daughter out, and when she placed her two feet on the ground, there was a gasp from the Macalister crowd as they watched the stunningly beautiful Valerie make her way to them.

She looked innocent and pure, and her vivid, blue eyes were full of love and compassion. Her blonde curls bounced off her shoulders and cascaded down her back. She wore a black gown that was worn out and ugly, but a white, cloth belt was tied around her middle showing off her tiny waist. She walked with elegance, and the grace of a princess, one would thing she was an aristocrat straight from the Kings court, but when her plump lips parted and she talked, there was no sign of arrogance, she was everything they all expected her to be and more!

"Hello," she said, her voice was gentle, and warm.

"Welcome Valerie, it's good to have you back home!" Michael was the first to greet her.

Seth introduced his daughter to the entire family, and they all welcomed the young woman into the castle. The MacAlister women swarmed around her and asked a million questions all at once.

The Druid pushed everyone away from his daughter, Seth wanted to give Valerie some quiet time before they bombarded her with a million and one questions. He knew the women in his family, they were a bunch of curious women, and they might frighten his daughter to death.

"Father don't, this is my family and I am just as excited to know them as they are to know me." Her tone of voice was gentle, and kind.

Seth sighed, "I was hoping to get you to your chambers and allow you some quality time alone to rest and pray, and then mayhap after dinner you can have time with them in the tea room and get aquatinted!"

"I think that's a good idea Valerie, come, we will have plenty of time later to converse." Kristina said.

"Aye mother, as you wish." Not wanting to upset her parents, she threw an apologetic smile to the Macalister women, and Valerie followed her mother up the stairs to the chamber which was assigned to her by Dora, who was put in charge of the castles duties.

As soon as his wife and daughter disappeared, Seth turned to face his family, "I want all of you to back off, my daughter is a delicate flower and will feel intimidated by all of you if you hoard around her like that! She has been at the Abby all her life, and the Abby is a peaceful sacred place where the teachings of the Lord is taught all day long. She is not used to all this attention and noise!"

"Don't worry cousin, I will make sure that she will feel peace here too. I'm so glad she has returned to her rightful place, she is after all a MacAlister and she belongs here with us!" Violet said.