Gabriel's Choice

Kainaaz raced through the green forest as fast as her feet could take her without looking back. The sun was about to set, but Kainaaz didn't even think to worry that she was lost, because she was freaking out that soon it would be dark and the creatures of the night will come out.

Stopping for a moment to catch her breath, Kainaaz leaned against a huge maple tree that was surrounded with bushes and shrubs that were rough around the edges. Scanning the area to make sure that Balloch wasn't following her, Kainaaz allowed herself the luxury of taking a few minutes to rest.

Dropping herself to the dirt ground, the young maiden tried to calm her beating heart and focus her scattering thoughts. She had no idea where she was, but knew without a doubt that she was lost.

When the sun dissapeared between the canopy of trees, Kainaaz knew that soon it would dip into the horizon and darkness will fall, so she quickly jumped to her feet and started to run as fast as her feet could take her back the way she had come.

Running away was a huge mistake she now realized, especially since she looked around her and could not remember from which way she had come. Being lost in the forest was way more dangerous than being around Balloch  she thought desperately, as she stopped once again to catch her breath.

Tears of frustration trickled down her worried face and she closed her eyes for a second to silence her thoughts so she could focus. It was when she opened her eyes that she seen something that sparkled behind one of the maple trees ahead of her.

Curious as to what it could be, Kainaaz ran toward the glare and found a most beautiful, exquisite, old fashion mirror resting on the trunk of an ancient old tree.

"What is this?" She said to herself, as her eyes took in every inch of the artifact. She ran her fingers over the beautiful, sculpted design that framed around the mirror. "What is this mirror doing in the middle of the forest, how did it get here?"

************

Balloch was terrified out of his mind, as he searched through the forest for his soulmate. When she left him it took a few moments for that to register in his mind, for he never imagined that she would leave him and disappear into the forest.

He couldn't even find her tracks, and that terrified him. Everyone leaves tracks behind unless they were experts and knew how to cover them up, and he knew without a doubt that Kainaaz was not an expert at covering up her tracks.

When a sudden realization hit him like a ton of bricks, Balloch raced through the forest faster than the speed of light to find Kainaaz.

It's the witch, she destroyed Kainaaz's footprints he was sure of it, which means that his soulmate was in serious trouble.

**************

The witch watched the beauty from her looking glass and her mouth curved into a smile. "Come on beauty, step through the mirror!"

She watched with excitement for the second Kainaaz goes through the mirror, she was going to break the mirror and trap her inside forever!

Balloch will be all hers once his soulmate disappears, and she will make him pay for all the heart ache he put her through, "Oh yes Balloch, you shall pay for everything you have done to me, to this I swear!" The witch hissed.

**************

Hypnotized by the beautiful trimmings that framed around the ancient mirror, Kainaaz failed to notice the huge wolf that stood behind her until it snarled and startled the young maiden.