The Betrayal

Bella was enjoying basking in the hot sun sitting next to her Zorro, but when the earth quake shook the ground, she jumped in Zorro's arms and trembled.
She hated earthquakes and usually knew when one was about to hit, but this one she was not forewarned about which could only mean one thing.

Jumping out of Zorros arms, she narrowed her eyes angrily and cursed under her breath. It was Gabriel, she was sure of it!

Why was it always her that had to fix everyone's mistakes she wondered, as she apologized to Zorro and zapped herself in the guest bedroom where Alana and Gabriel were about to make the biggest mistake of their lives.

Landing on top of a huge archangel that was naked and about to steal Alana's virginity was not Bella's idea of a good time. She resented the fact that life forced her to be a super cat, she would have much preferred to be a commoner and living a pheasants life!

"My heart." Gabriel's deep voice was hoarse and sexy, and Bella almost forgot why she was there.

Rolling her eyes, she reminded herself that she was a cat and Zorro was much sexier then an archangel. Staying focused on her task at hand, she sunk her teeth in the archangels shoulder as deep as she could to get a reaction out of him.

The archangel pulled his head back and his eyes fell on Bella.

"Get off her now!" Bella told him telepathically, "I am not ready to die just because you have decided to make love to her! You have no business falling in love with a human! Your job is to save humanity not destroy it!"

It took a moment to gather his senses before the archangel realized what the cat was telling him and what he was about to do. Lifting himself slowly off Alana, the archangel stood at the side of the bed trying to calm his beating heart.

Bella held on for dear life, her arms were around the angel"s neck tightly.
"Your actions had an impact on the humans, you nearly destroyed earth by your selfish mistake!" Bella hissed, "take control of yourself and do the right thing before it's too late! Stay away from Alana and allow for her to fall in love with the blacksmith, the Fay can be her soulmate if you don't interfere again, and by doing the right thing, you will gain your position in Heaven that is rightfully yours!"

Gabriel's heart sank deeper and deeper as he realized that Bella was right. He had no right to destroy Alana's life nor that of humanities.

Dropping to his knees, the archangel fell into prayer, begging for the salvation of the human race.

Bella jumped off him and expelled a sigh of relief, she threw a sideways glance at Alana and studied her face which was full of pain.

Bella knew that she was suffering, but had she not interfered, Alana's pain would have been a million times worse, at least now Alana had a chance at happiness, the Fay will worship her once they make the soulmate connection.

Having done her duty, Bella zapped herself out of there and headed straight to her Zorro. She pitied the two lovers who were forbidden to lover each other, but knew that somehow it will all work out for the best.

**************

Alana stared in disbelief at Gabriel, she knew the exact moment he decided to leave her again, she saw it in his eyes that were clouded with grief.
The Druidess was blown away with the weakness that he was showing. Once again he had tricked her to believe that this time he was going to claim her his, but instead of getting angry at him, calmness settled in her heart when she finally realized that she will never have Gabriel to herself. He belonged to the Heavens and not to her. It was a losing battle even from the start, he loved her, but he loved God more.