Regrets and More Regrets

Camran swung the door open and it slammed against the wall causing Kyra to drop the pillow that she was holding.

"What are you doing here!" Kyra asked angrily, as she bent over to pick up the pillow, "You're the last person Sarah wants to see right now!"

Camran narrowed his eyes, "Get out, I need a moment alone with her!"

Resting the pillow on the tip of Sarah's bed, Kyra placed her hands on her hips, and wasted no time telling him what she thought of his commands, "Who do you think you are walking in thIs chamber like you have every right to be here? Go away, Sarah is not accepting visitors now, she is weak and needs her rest, and you're the last person she wants to see!"

"I'm not leaving until I have a word with her." He said in a low firm tone of voice.

The Druidess fixed her eyes on Camran and realized that he wasn't going to budge until he has said his peace, "I'll give you only three minutes with her and then you must leave!" She told him angrily before she stalked out of the room and closed the door behind her.

Camran walked up to the side of the bed, Sarah had her eyes closed, but he knew she was awake. Pulling a wooden chair close to the bed, the Druid sat on it and studied the beautiful woman before him.

"Why did you do it?" He asked her, his voice was not gentle by any means, but he tried to keep his voice down so no one outside the chambers will hear him.

"Go away!" Sarah's faint voice sounded cold and angry.

"You tried to kill my baby, Sarah! What the hell is wrong with you!" Camran said angrily.

"Why do you care, you want nothing to do with us!" Sarah hissed.

"My child is innocent, you had no right to try and kill it!"

Sarah opened her eyes and turned her head to face him, her eyes sparkled with hatred, and her voice dripped venom, "It is not your child, nor is it your responsibility, you made it clear to me that you didn't want to get married anytime soon."

"We will get married Sarah, you are carrying my babe and I will not have my child branded a bastard"

"I am not going marry you, and worry not, I will not hold you responsible. My babe and I ....,,,,"

Camran was quick to interrupt her, "Your babe? You were trying to kill it, and if you had succeeded I would have throttled you!" Camran could not believe what she had tried to do, his blood boiled with anger. "What kind of a woman tries to kill her own babe!"

"The kind of woman that hates with a passion the man that planted the seed!"

Her words soaked into his heart like poison, and turned it to stone, "And you thought to kill it? Do you hate me that much that you would destroy my flesh and blood?"

"Yes." She lied, just to make him feel the pain that she was feeling deep in her heart.

Camran lifted himself to his feet, "I know there is no love lost between us, but my babe is innocent, and if you try to destroy it again, I will strangle the life out of you." The Druid warned, "as soon as you get better and are able to climb out of bed, we will get married, your brothers made it clear that I have no choice on that matter, but Sarah, I promise you that I will make you regret the day you tricked me into making love to you!"