The Scarlet Woman

"I now pronounce you husband and wife." The priest said, and watched as the Laird coldly kissed his wife on her cheek.

Feeling humiliated, Alana could not help the tears that spilled forth. It was bad enough that her husband didn't love her, but did he have to display his hatred for her in front of all his people?

The ceremony was short, the vows spoken to each other held no warmth, and the Laird looked cold and distant . Only a fool would not realize that there was something drastically wrong with their relationship.

Saundra watched as her lover quickly grabbed his wife and pulled her away from the well wishers. Dragging her up the stairs, they disappeared into his bed chambers, leaving behind the guests that tried to make sense of this blessed day.

*************

As soon as Evan and his wife stepped inside the chambers, he kicked the door shut and whirled around to face his wife.

Throwing her a murderous glance, he hooked his fingers inside the top of her gown and pulled it down, ripping it off her shoulders, and Alana's body stiffened, as the red gown glided off her body and dropped to the marble floor.

Were it another time or place, the Fay warrior would have feasted his eyes on Alana's beautiful naked body and then he would have worshipped it, but be it as it may, Evan was in no mood to make love to his traitorous wife.

The Fay wanted to throttle her, she had betrayed him in the worst possible way. He thought he could get over the fact that she was a harlot, but the idea of Gabriel touching her and worst of all getting her with child, tore his heart out.

"If I ever see you wearing the color red again I will punish you in the worst possible way!" He threatened, before he grabbed the red gown off the floor and whisked it into the fireplace.

Alana watched in horror as the flames swallowed the gown within seconds. Black smoke whirled around the fireplace before the gown turned to ashes, leaving behind no trace of the red material. Alana was in shock and didn't notice the Fay's eyes that were full of regret before he turned around and walked to the large French Windows that were adorned with Italian laced curtains. "Get in the bed before you catch your death cold." 

His selective tone of voice held a sense of mystery, it wasn't neither cold nor warm. Alana wasn't sure exactly what her husband wanted from her as she climbed on the feathered mattress and pulled the ivory satin sheet over her body to cover her nakedness.

Was he going to punish her by forcing her to make love to her tonight? He had every right to if he chose to do so, he was now her lawful wedded husband and as his wife she is to be submissive and allow him to take privileges with her body, because it is the law that a wife obeys her husband, and she will play by the rules because the welfare of her unborn child is at stake.

From the corner of her eyes she watched him remove his kilt with one swift movement, his torso revealed strength and power. His muscles flexed as he reached his arms out and braced them against the cherry wooden window trimmings that were carved with a decorative floral design. 

Time stood still as Alana held her breath, waiting to see what her husband was going to do next. Her stomach was tied into knots, as she waited with anticipation, hoping against hope that he would wrap his kilt around his waist and leave the chambers, but to her dismay, the Fay pulled back from the window and turned around to face her. Alana quickly shut her eyes and faked sleep.