Revealed

Valerie's glittering, blue gown flowed elegantly, as Prince William whirled her around the dance floor.  Never in his life was he ever filled with so much love for a woman as now. He had made the decision to announce tonight at the Christmas Ball that he chose her for his bride. 

"I love you." He whispered passionately in her ear.

"William, I need to tell you something, I am not who you...." Valerie was about to reveal her true identity to him, but William pressed his lips over hers and she lost her train of thought. 

All eyes in the Ball room were on the beautiful couple, surprised at such public display, when it was to everyone's knowledge that the King was going to announce the engagement of his son to the Princess of Spain! The guests were confused and waited with anticipation to see what would happen next. 

The Queen noticed the whispering around the Ball room and averted her eyes to the back of the room where Rufus stood. Their eyes met and locked in understanding. Rufus knew that William was in love with Valerie, only a fool would not notice the way the Prince looked into Valeries eyes. Placing his hand on his sword that hung at his side, Rufus prepared himself, for he knew that soon all hell will break loose and he would have to defend his son!

The Kings beady eyes narrowed, did william think he could make a public spectacle of the crown in front of the guests? Fuming with anger, he turned his cold gaze to the Queen. He knew she had something to do with this, and it was high time that he took action and put her in her place!

*************

It was to her complete surprise when Lea told Basillia a secret that no one was supposed to know. "How do you know this!"

"It is whispered among the servants and I happened to over hear it." Lea said, regretting ever opening her mouth when she saw the look in Basillia's eyes. 

"And how do they know?" Basillia asked, wanting solid verification before she brought down the Crown Jewel of Scotland. 

"From the Queen herself, my Princess." Lea said with quivering lips, fearing punishment for delivering the message to her. "A few servants over heard her talking with Valerie." 

*************

Basillia walked in the Ball Room with her head held up high and her shoulders squared, the Queen watched her enter and her heart skipped a beat. There was a dark, coldness in her eyes as she stared at her son and Valerie. 

"Stop the music!" Basillia yelled out loud, and everyone in the room turned to look at her. 

The music came to a complete stop, and silence filled the room, as they all waited for Basillia to deliver her speech. Valerie's heart raced, she knew that whatever the Princess was going to say, it was going to be about her, and there was only one thing that she could say, she knew her identity!

Raising her hand in the air, Basillia pointed a finger at Valerie and said in a low, dangerous voice, "Seize her, she is an imposter!"

An uproar exploded in the Ball Room, as everyone took a few steps backwards and allowed for the Princess to walk through, "Kneel before royalty before I slit your throat!" Basillia yelled at Valerie.

Valerie pulled away from Williams tight hold and kneeled before the princess, and Prince William stared in disbelief. "How dare you talk down to the next Queen of Scotland!" He roared, "I shall have you exiled!"  

"You would have me exiled, and keep this imposter by your side?" Basillia asked and watched with satisfaction the Prince look down at Valerie with uncertainty.

"What is your quarrel with Valerie!"

"She is not fit to stand by your side as your wife!"

"I do not hold it against her that she is a servant, it is not her fault she was born in poverty, I will marry her and dress her in riches!" The prince said, and threw an apologetic glance at Valerie, who was watching him with tears in her eyes.