Broken Hearts

When Charles had returned from the meeting the day before, he never expected to find his tent empty. She had left him once again, and his heart had broken in two. She will be the death of him, he thought, as he marched up the hill angrily to relieve Edward of his post.

"Go back from where you came from, I'm on duty tonight!" Edward barked, unwilling to give up his post. He didn't want to be a part of the festivities, he wanted to stay up here and count the stars in the night sky, mayhap he thought, Julia can see him from wherever she was.

Charles narrowed his eyes and said, "Nay, I shan't be leaving anytime soon! You're not the only one trying to soothe your aching heart, my heart too is bleeding!

James wondered why the Fay was hurting, wasn't Aphrodite's his soulmate? "Did she leave you again?"

Charles sighed, but didn't answer, instead he swung the bottle of whiskey to his lips and he swallowed the burning liquor, mayhap he thought, his pain will disappear if he drank himself to death.

"At least you know where she is and you can go to her anytime you choose to, I on the other hand can not find her or see her until she is reborn on this earth, and even then, she will not recognize me!" He said in a choked voice.

In response, the Fay handed the Druid his bottle of whiskey and said, "take it, you need it more than I!"

***************

The bagpipes played all night long, everyone was dancing on the dance floor. It was a magical night, with song, dance and drink. Silas nursed the bottle of whiskey in his hands, as he watched Isobel dance in Camran's arms. He was sitting alone in the dark as he tried to convince himself that he didn't care that the bastard held Isobel all night long in his arms on the dance floor. Why would he care, he didn't want her!

Earlier in the day, Michael had tried to convince him to claim Isobel, "Are you a blind fool? Have you taken a good look at her? She's one of the most beautiful woman here! I suggest you hurry and claim her because word got to me that tonight Camran will stake his claim on her!"

His brothers words even now, speared pain through his heart, but the Druid rebuked the pain and brought the whiskey bottle to his lips again. I'm not falling into that trap! He swore to himself, I don't want a wife, I'm much too young!

***********

Camran MacCloud considered himself the most luckiest man at the fest. He was dancing with the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Tonight he was going to ask for her hand in marriage, Alexander ordered him too choose a bride tonight and he didn't want to disappoint his older brother. The fact that it didn't feel to him that she was his soulmate p,aged little role in the matter. He will marry Isobel, and if and when he finds his soulmate he can take her as his mistress or mayhap even his second wife. He could not wait anymore fornhisnsoulmate, what if she comes hundreds of years from now, what then?

His brother who was laird amd chief of their clan told him that if he married soon, he will be given his own castle and land. Isobel was a blessing in his life, and he wondered why none of the single MacAlister brothers placed a stake on her.

Not wasting anymore time, Camran lowered his head and whispered in Isabel's ear, "Do you trust me?"

Isobel nodded in response.

"Then come with me for a stroll." He whispered hoarsely. "We need to talk."

*************

Silas was about to take a leak when he heard whispers in the night. Hiding in the shadows, the Druid tried to see who was about to walk past him.

"There is much need to say to you but I don't know where to begin, so I will get straight to the point. I think you're beautiful, I desire you, and was hoping you would say yes to my proposal of marriage." Camran said.

Silas's eyes widen in recognition, that was Camrans voice, who was he talking to, he wondered, as he moved closer to hear the rest of the conversation. His eyes widen with disbelief when he heard Isabel's voice.