A Bag of Gold

All Silas had to do was put the word out on the street, and not more than one hour later, he was notified to meet Captain John in the empty warehouse on the other side of town. Silas brought only Camran with him, but Captain John who feared for his life, knowing very well that he was dealing with a Druid, brought all his mates along. "There is safety in numbers!" He had told them when he read fear in their eyes.

Silas's legs were spread apart and his fists were curled into fists at his side's. John did not miss the dangerous look in the Druids cold eyes as he walked in front of him, but not too close for safety reasons.

"Where's the gold?" John asked in a masculine tone of voice, trying not to show his fear.

The Druids jaw twitched with anger, "How did you come across Liandra?" He asked, ignoring John's question.

John could feel the fear inside him traveling down his spine, "I saved her from the real culprit, who was going to abuse her sexually and then kill her!" He lied, but Silas was no fool.

"Is that so?" Silas asked, and held himself back from strangling the hell out of him. "Where's the woman?"

"I will bring her to you as soon as you hand over the gold!" The Captain said, bracing himself, he did not trust the Druid.

"Very well," Silas said, and turned around, "bring the gold!" Camran stepped out of the shadows with a bag of gold in his hand.

 It was visible to everyone that John was a wreck. "Throw the bag on the floor near my feet!" John ordered in a nervous tone of voice, his knees were about to buckle, the damn Druid brought another with him, John thought, in a state of panic, and wondered if he would come out of this alive. 

Camran threw the bag of gold at John's feet and the man bent over and picked it up. He untied the bag and dipped his hand inside, feeling the gold to make sure that it was real. Satisfied that he had in his possession a huge bag of gold, John gave the order to bring the sack that carried Liandra.

Silas watched as a few men carried the sack into the warehouse  and dropped her on the ground in front of Silas. the Druid immediately opened it and found Liandra tied up and in tears. He quickly removed the ropes from her hand and feet and lifted her in his arms. 

"Do not be scared Liandra, you are safe with us." He told her, and handed her over to Camran.

When he turned to face John, he found that the Captain and his mates were running for their lives out of the huge warehouse. Silas could catch up to them easily but he decided to take care of Liandra first and then find the captain and his crew and kill them for torturing Liandra. 

Pulling a strand of hair away from Liandra's face, Silas checked for any signs of bruises, but her beautiful face was clear of them. "Take her back to the palace and keep an eye on the women until I return, I have a few things to take care of, but I should not be too late." 

Camran looked into Silas's cold green eyes that were hazed with hate, he was no fool, he knew that Silas was going after the captain and his crew to kill them. Were it him, he would have done the same. "Aye, worry not, they will be in good hands!"

**************

Bruce steered his ship with madness, all kind of images played in his mind of Liandra and her captors. 

"I'm going to kill him with my bare hands!" The Druid vowed, and  two of his mates who were behind him looked at each other fearfully. They knew what their captain was capable of, and they were glad it wasn't them that had angered him so. 

Bruce's second in command walked up to him and said, "Why don't you take a rest, I can steer the ship just as fast as you can! You haven't slept in days, and you will need your energy when we reach port!"