Chapter 55.

{Caitlyn}

My eyes widen at his words.
He's apologizing? For what...? He hasn't done anything wrong.

"I know I've been... cold towards you, since we've met. And- and that was wrong of me, you were only a child. I just want to tell you and make sure you knew it had nothing to do with you. At all. You did nothing wrong. You were always respectful and a very smart girl. It was my own faults. I had my own problems and for some reason I felt you were only making things worse."

I tried hard to hold back tears.
"It's- it's okay. I don't blame you for anything. Thank you for apologizing, it means so much to me. And you weren't always cold" I laugh.

"You did help me through alot and honestly, you were more of a father then my own... You were a father figure to me. So for that, thank you Joseph."

"I- uh I also want to thank you for being there for Michael. You've made him very happy. Thank you for loving my son."
I smile looking at Michael who's eyes are watering.

"You know, although I've never said it before, I'm very proud of you Caitlyn."
"You-you mean that?"
Nobody... Well nobody as in my father or a father like figure has ever said that to me.
My heart smiled, this meant more then he knows and more then I can express with simple words.
He nods,
"I mean that."
"That means so much to me Joseph. Thank you so much."
I whisper, finally letting the tears fall.

He hesitantly gets closer and embraces me. I cover my face with my hands as he holds me not saying a word.
Finally, once I've managed to calm down he turns to Michael who walks over to me and plants a kiss on my forehead.

Joseph clears his throat.
"I also wanted to apologize to.. to you Michael."
Michael and I both look up surprised.

"Me?" Michael questions.