Chapter 94.

{Michael}

•August 29,1989•
(Tuesday)

"Michael, we want you to know how much we love you! We'll always be here for you. I love you!" Janet said into the mic.

When she finished, all my brothers and sisters rushed down the stage stairs holding me in a group hug, telling loving words.

I believed everything they said and I knew they'd always be there for me.

We broke the hug and instead of the evening continuing, they went back on stage.

I was confused and from the looks of it, so was the crowd. I turned to look for Caitlyn but she was no longer by my side.

I slowly spun around looking through the crowd for her until I heard her soft voice.

"Michael..." I turned to see her on the stage next to my brothers; Janet handing her a seat.

"Um, this is for you. I-I know I'm not the best at this, but I don't care, I'd do anything for you. I'd go to the ends of the earth following you. And even though I don't like attention I'll do this for you. Because I want you to know how much I love you. Baby, I love you with all my heart. Here goes nothing- I guess." She smiled and giggled nervously.

Once again as soon as the beat started I recognized the song.

A smile formed on my face immediately as I realized what was about to happen.

My hand covered my mouth, as I stood there with my mother, who joined me, at my side rubbing my arm.

And then, she began.

"Ooh, can it be I stayed away too long?
Did I leave your mind when I was gone?
It's not my thing trying to get back,
But this time let me tell you where I'm at.

You don't have to worry 'cause I'm coming,
Back to where I should have always stayed.
And now I've learned the meaning to your story
And it's enough love for me to stay.

Can it be I stayed away too long?
Did I leave your mind when I was gone?
Well, it's not my thing trying to get back,
But this time let me tell you where I'm at.

I wanna, wanna be where you are (ooh, aah)
Anywhere you are (ooh, aah)
I wanna, wanna be where you are (ooh, aah)
Everywhere you are (ooh, aah, ooh)

Please don't close the door to our future,
There's so many things we haven't tried.
I could love you better than I used to
And give you all the love I have inside

Ooh

I wanna, wanna be where you are (ooh, aah)
Any, any, Anywhere you are (ooh, aah)
I wanna, wanna be where you are (ooh, aah)
I gotta, gotta be where you are (ooh, aah)

I wanna be, I wanna be (ooh, yea, yea, baby now)
I wanna be, I wanna be (ooh, ooo)
I wanna be, I wanna be (ooh, now, now, yea, yea)
I wanna be, I wanna be (ooh)

I wanna be, I wanna be (ooh, now, now, baby)
I wanna be, I wanna be (ooh)"

Tears of joy slipped out of my eyes as the song ended.

She was honestly a really good singer, and I'm not "just saying that".

Her voice was honestly beautiful.

Before they had the chance to, I ran to the stage kissing Caitlyn and hugging all my siblings once again.

"I couldn't have asked for a better family. Thank you guys so much!" I told them.

"And I couldn't have asked for anything better than this. You guys are amazing, I love you all. Thank you so much for coming out, I appreciate it so much. I hope you enjoy yourselves tonight!" I say to the crowd.

"Okay, with that- let the party start!" Janet yelled and everyone cheered as the lights dimmed and the music played louder.

I stood there hugging Cait thinking this couldn't have gotten better.

I am truly blessed.