Chapter 74.

{Caitlyn}

•March 23,1989•
(Thursday)

I sat alone at the table awkwardly waiting for Michael and my father to walk in.

In all honesty, I wasn't sure what I was going to say or how. I just knew I needed answers.

Finally, I saw Michael walk in, then Donovan. At this point, I was frozen. I wasn't sure what to do. I wanted to get up, but I couldn't. I was glued to the chair.

I stared at him really examining him for the first time. It is now that I see why my mother always told me I was a perfect mixture of the two.

She'd shown me pictures if him and I never saw it. I don't think I look like him, or my mother to be honest. I do have some of their characteristics but I don't look exactly like one or the other.

His rather light skin tone and her almost dark one gave me this medium brown, caramel one.

He had brown eyes, in contrast to my mothers gray ones. I came out with light brown eyes.

Both my mother and Donovan were fairly tall, but my father was taller. He towered over me, like Michael did. But he was taller.

He had brown hair, as did my mother but he kept his cut short.

He had a soft face but his eyes were always fired up, which is possibly why I couldn't move my eyes from his.

Still after this long wait, I couldn't stand.

Michael saw this and walked over to me, taking my hand and helping me up.

"Oh, wow." I heard Donovan exclaim, quietly.

I turned to him confused, thinking he was making a sarcastic remark. But then I realized he had tears in his eyes and they were staring at my protruding stomach.

"You, you look so beautiful.... May I?" His deep voice had fallen to a whisper.

I nodded yes and he carefully walked over to me and delicately placed his hand on my stomach, still smiling.

At his touch tears, which I hadn't known were forming, began to flow down my face and I quickly wiped them.

He took his hand away and stared down at me.

"You look just like your mother." He whispered.

When he said this I stepped back and stared at the floor.

After a few moments, Michael got us back to the table to begin eating dinner, and we began to eat in silence.

I bit my tounge until the silence started to tear at my very being and it felt as if the silence would eat me alive.

"Why?" I asked him not looking up.

And this. This was the beginning of it all.