Lie To Me-Chapter 3

"Harry!!"

I didn't realize just how much I'd missed my jet-setting roommate until I saw him walking toward me. But with him there, all smiles and sparkling green eyes, wild horses couldn't stop me from running into his arms. Squeezing me in a tight hug, his laughter vibrated against my cheek as it rested on his chest.

"Hey, Lee!! I take it you missed me, huh?"

I pulled back to see his cheeky smile before swatting him. "Well, if you'd stop leaving all the time, you wouldn't force me to miss you!!" His only response was a smile as he leaned forward to kiss the top of my head before tucking me under his free arm. "Well, the feeling's mutual. I missed you too, Riley."

Realizing that he'd arrived, a group of die-hard fans came running over from where they'd been barricaded. Though taking the red eye helped, there was no outrunning every fan. Hell, some of them even figured out how to track his flight so they could watch as it crossed the Atlantic!! With him occupied for a moment, I went to grab my things, forgotten at my seat in my excitement...

Sending a quick text to Anne, I waited for the crowd to die down before stepping back over. A few of the girls, at least the ones who didn't look at me like the enemy, asked to take pictures, and although I looked like I'd been hit by an ugly truck, I obliged. If there was anything if learned from Harry and the rest of the boys, it was that these girls, no matter how...enthusiastic they were, were important.

An hour later, we finally made it to my car. As I hit the unlock, Harry opened the door, tossing his bag on the backseat, and climbed in. Following his lead, I did the same, getting behind the wheel. Though it took a couple tries, I finally got it to start.

"I still don't understand why you refuse to let me get you a new car... This old thing is beyond it's last legs..."

Risking a glance at him as I pulled out of the parking lot, I shook my head. "Don't let Bertha hear you!! She's got the temper of a two year old...but I love her... And besides, IF and when I get a new car, I'm doing it without your help."

His laughter echoed. "First of all, Bertha?!? Who names their car Bertha?!?"

"Yeah, but you get it...right? Big Bertha?!?" My pride in myself showed through my smile. I'd worked really hard to have my SUV from home redesigned and shipped here. Of course an American car stuck out like a sore thumb, almost twice the size of many vehicles in London, but that's what made her nickname so perfect.

The roll of his eyes told me he got it, but still didn't approve. "Riley... Gemma told me what happened last week..."

"Oh, geez... Thanks, Gem..."

He smiled at my irritation before continuing the lecture that I'd expected... Yes, okay, so he did have a point. Bertha was getting to be more and more temperamental as time passed, and just last week, she broke down completely, leaving me stranded on the side of the road. But, she was one of the few things I'd wanted as a reminder of home, and it was hard to say goodbye to that...