Lie To Me-Chapter 140

The bed dipped beside me, and I opened my eyes, met by the soft smile of the man I loved. Instantly, my heart skipped a beat.

"Good morning."

He laughed, leaning close to kiss the tip of my nose. "It's after 8:30 at night, but good morning to you too..."

8:30?!?

Nearly banging foreheads with Harry, I shot up, grasping at the blankets to cover my nakedness. "Oh my God! I can't believe we slept so late! And Bree!!!"

"Bree's...fine," he interrupted, shifting his position. "She's in your room right now."

Swearing I saw a slight shiver run up his body, I twisted to fully face him. "What is it? What happened?!?"

"I... Well, I need to tell you something..."

Every possible situation flew through my mind, and given the look on Harry's face, I knew whatever it was, it wasn't good. Maybe Bree got fired tonight. Maybe she got into an accident on the way home. Oh, no... Maybe Max got out! He could be out there, in the dark, and all alone!

Each thought created another spark of panic. "Harry, what happened?!? Is Max okay?!? Where is he?!?"

Unaware of my thought process, he looked at me like I'd lost my mind. "Baby, Max is fine. He's in his pen, probably passed out right now."

We both smiled at the image of our sweet little furball snoring away on his cushy bed.

But, Harry's face quickly turned serious again. "What I need to tell you involves Bree... Well, Bree, and me."

Umm...

"Okay..."

Taking a deep breath, he went on to tell me the story. How he'd run to the garage to grab his phone... naked; how he'd been on his way back to the room when Bree showed up at the end of the hall, seeing him in all his bare glory; and how she'd proceeded to blatantly check him out.

I bit my lip as he spoke, trying very hard to hold in my laughter at the situation. It was obvious that Harry was bothered by it all, but honestly, the story was hilarious, and something I could picture happening to Harry fairly regularly.

Hell, I already knew all the boys had seen him running around naked numerous times. His mother, and sister had both shared stories of being traumatized by catching him in his birthday suit. Even I'd had my own experience with it before, though I'm sure he didn't remember it now...

When he was finished, he looked at me like a child who'd been pantsed in front of his whole class, and a hiccup broke in my throat.

His mouth flattened, "Go ahead."

I shook my head, keeping my lips sealed tight between my teeth. If I spoke, I knew I'd bust out laughing...

"Just do it. You know you want to. I can see the laughter in your eyes already, Riley..."

I finally let go, covering my mouth to muffle my giggles. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, but oh my God!" I laughed harder.

Sure, I knew the situation was embarrassing and uncomfortable, but the image of Harry in my mind, wide eyed, shocked, and completely naked struck me as being hilarious.

"Yeah yeah, laugh it up, chuckles..." He narrowed his eyes at me, a frown pulling his brows together as he crossed his arms.

"Aww... Poor Harry..." I pulled him down from where he sat, wrapping my arms around him and smiling as he did the same, moving to rest his head on my chest. "I've told you before that your enjoyment of being naked was going to get you in trouble..."