Lie To Me-Chapter 95

The look on Harry's face made me realize just what I'd said, and how it sounded.

"Oh! No! No, that's not what I mean." I turned back to Max, his happy little face warming my heart all over again. "I just... We can't do this here... In front of him."

He gave me a look, "Really..."

"What?!? He's just a puppy!! It's not right, Harry. He shouldn't be seeing...that...with his innocent little eyes."

Shaking his head, he laughed at me as he closed the distance between us, his hands coming up to cup my cheeks. "You're crazy, you know that?"

He gave me a quick kiss before walking over to the side of Max's pen. I turned to watch him as he bent down, gently patting the sweet puppy. "Okay, Max. Man to man talk right now. I know you're just dying to get out and play with your beautiful new mommy, but as the man of the house, I call dibs. You've got food, water, and a pretty big chunk of my kitchen to play in, so if you don't mind, I'm going to borrow her for a bit. Okay?"

With his head cocked to the side, Max watched Harry with apt interest as he spoke, giving a little yap of seeming agreement when he was finished.

My giggles at their adorable "man to man" talk promptly ended when Harry stood, turning to face me.

"And as for you..."

I barely had time to react before he was on me, lifting me right off the floor and tossing me over his shoulder. I screamed, flailing in his arms as he carried me out of the room. "Harry!!! Put me down! You're going to hurt yourself!!"

"Oh, really?"

His hand landed on my ass with a loud smack, making me yell out in surprise. "Harry!"

Turning a corner, and heading down a short hallway, he laughed as I held onto his butt for support.

"I CAN walk you know..."

"Yes, and I CAN carry you..."

Our back and forth continued until we reached what I could only assume was his bedroom door, considering I'd had yet to get the grand tour, and suddenly I was hit with a round of nerves.

It wasn't like Harry and I hadn't had sex...multiple times, in fact...but, for whatever reason I was afraid. Afraid I would say the wrong thing, afraid I would share every emotion that had been flooding my system since we'd arrived, afraid I would tell him how I'd fallen head over heels in love with him all over again...

My outburst of a reaction before had been bad enough. The last thing I wanted to do was make it worse...

Reading my mind, like he always did, Harry let me down before opening the door. "Is everything okay?" His hands came up to once again cup my cheeks. "It's okay if you don't want to do this... I can give you a tour of the house, or we can go back and play with Max, or..."

My heart, my nerves, and my resolve all disintegrated with the gentle way he held me, the sweet words he spoke, the glimmer of honest love in his eyes.

I placed my fingers on his lips, muffling his last words. "All I want right now, Harry, is you..."

Reaching behind him, he turned the knob and led me into his bedroom. Aside from a few slivers of light filtering in past the curtains covering his windows, the room was bathed in darkness, an intense contrast to the rest of the house.

Before my eyes could fully adjust, he stepped over to flip on a light that rested atop his dresser, bathing the room in a muted glow. Standing alone, I allowed myself to take in the room. Off to one side was an open bathroom, and what looked to be a spacious walk-in closet. Between the two sat a large, full-length mirror that seemed to double the size of the room. His bed sat as the centerpiece, framed by curtains from the two windows. The dark cherry wood of the head and footboards made it look regal, a bed fit for a king, and the soft blankets sitting atop the plushy mattress made it more than inviting.

"Wow..."

Harry's arms came around me as he stepped up from behind. "You haven't seen the best part yet." He pressed a kiss to my cheek before turning me around. "And that, is my pride and joy."

My eyes first landed on the big screen tv, nearly surrounded by built in bookshelves, holding everything from books and movies to framed family photos and various awards. But centered in the middle, on the wall above the television sat a giant picture of all of us. The boys, the girls...all of us. I immediately searched out Harry and I, who were locked together, his arms around me much like they were now, my hands resting on his.

At the time the photo had been taken, we were just friends. There was no complications, no drama, no uncertainty. But, to look at it now, I saw us in a different light. I felt a different kind of love...

"That's my favorite picture in the world. Look at how happy we all are. Look at how beautiful you are. See what I see."

Tears flooded my eyes for the second time in less than an hour. I saw it. I saw it all...

Turning in his arms, I let him guide me to the bed, backing me up until I felt the side of the mattress press against me. I sat down, letting my legs fall open as Harry stepped between them.

He leaned in to kiss me, his hands finding their way into my hair, gently pulling my head back, allowing him the freedom to take control, to deepen the kiss.

And when he finally pulled away, I looked up at him, knowing that he could read the love in my eyes, that he could see just what I was feeling, and not caring one bit.

My arms wrapped around his neck, keeping him close, wanting him even closer.

"Make love to me, Harry... Please... Make love to me..."

Note: I'm sorry it took so long to update!!! It was a crazy hectic weekend for me, so having the chance to write was few and far between... But, you won't have to wait long for the next chapter!! I plan to have it up tomorrow night!! I love you all, and I hope you have an amazing week!! ❤️