Lie To Me-Chapter 42

Liam looked between Harry and I, shrugging his shoulders in the process. "That's what it says..."

I shook my head. This couldn't be happening... I'd expected these dares to be funny, somewhat stupid, and wildly entertaining... Dare me to flash the group... Dare me to drink... But, to kiss Harry?!?

Memories of our previous kiss filled my mind... His soft lips... The press of his tongue... The way he tasted...

Sure, I could blame the alcohol if I really wanted to, but it wasn't the alcohol that was causing my heart to race, causing heat to flow through my veins...

"Riley... You don't have to..." Harry's eyes held concern, nervousness, and if I was reading them right, a little disappointment as he spoke.

"Yes, I do... We do... A dare's a dare, right?" I turned back to Louis and Liam, their faces in shock. "So, how exactly do you want this?" I was playing it off like no big deal, trying to make it seem like it meant nothing, but to be honest, I could just kiss the wonderful man that had included this dare. I wanted Harry's lips on mine again... I wanted another taste...

Liam sputtered, "Uh... Well... It doesn't say. So... Just go for it?"

"Okay then..."

Pulling myself up to my knees, I faced Harry, waiting for him to do the same. It was awkward, and a bit embarrassing to be doing this in front of an audience, but I placed my hands on his shoulders, and leaned closer.

He looked terrified, his bottom lip pinched between his teeth. Maybe it was the alcohol. Or maybe it was just the way his eyes searched mine, the way his body trembled beneath my fingers. But, I felt no nervousness as I giggled lightly, "It's okay Harry. It's just a kiss."

(Harry's POV)

Like hell it was just a kiss!!! This was way more than just a kiss... Her reaction to this kiss would give me the answers to every question that plagued my mind... The last time we'd found ourselves here, she'd been hurting, broken. She'd needed the attention I gave her... But, now? Now it would say so much more... And my dumbass set it up to be in front of an audience...

I nearly shook my head, scolding myself for writing this dare. But, I'd wanted to kiss her, wanted to see her reaction. I just wasn't expecting her to be so... So... Willing... It must be the alcohol. It had to be.

She scooted closer, her body mere inches away from mine, and tilted her head to look in my eyes. "Harry... Kiss me..."

And fuck, but I did...

In a flash of a moment, I grabbed her arms, hauled her against me, and took her mouth. I didn't think about keeping time, didn't think about my quick ten second rule, I didn't think at all. She made a little sound, half moan, half sigh when our lips met, and I just went for it...

Years had passed, days, hours...and yet we stayed there...her fingers tangled in my hair, in that special way she does that drives me insane, my hands at her back, gripping her shirt nearly to the point of tearing the damn thing. Our lips gliding together in a soft dance of desire...

I faintly heard voices in the distance, nearly drowned out by the pounding of my heart, and fought to ignore them.

"Do you think they're going to stop?"

"I don't know... But the ten second rule ended like twenty minutes ago..."

"I should have known this was going to happen..."

"Well, it's about time... They seriously need to stop fighting this..."

"Yeah, no kidding. It's a bit...obvious at this point..."

Reality crashed in when I heard their laughter. Oh, shit... That's right... We weren't alone... It wasn't just Riley and I, letting our passions flow... We weren't doing this because we just couldn't fight it anymore... This was a dare... A dare...

I loosened my grip, reluctantly pulling away from her tight hold. I didn't want it to stop. I didn't want it to end. But, the longer we stayed like this, the harder it was going to be...