Lie To Me-Chapter 33

"Guys, listen to me..."

I had to speak up. I had to say something... "I know that this is all fun and games for the two of you, but this is serious... I really care about Harry; I really love him... He's my best friend... And although I will...admit...that my thoughts have recently strayed beyond the boundaries of friendship, and my feelings have changed...slightly, I won't do anything that's going to hurt him, or trick him into something he doesn't want." I put a hand up to stop Gemma's interruption. "I know what you say, but until I hear otherwise from Harry himself, I have to go on what I know... Not just what I hope... Okay?"

Looking disappointed, they both nodded. "Okay..."

"Okay. So, with that covered, I have to know before my curiosity goes insane... What's the plan?"

* * * * *

Fighting to get my key in the door, I shook my head. I shouldn't have asked. I should have just said no straight away... I once again shifted the six bags hanging from my arms, and finally got the key to turn.

Thank you...

Grabbing the knob, I pushed the door open with my foot, and made my way inside. As it slammed shut behind me, I heard footsteps rushing in from the living room.

"Where the hell have you been?!?"

Looking up, I saw a flash of Harry before being crushed against his chest, my bags falling to the floor.

What the hell?!?

For a moment I was held immobile, wrapped up in his arms, his scent surrounding me... It took everything I had not to rub my face against the soft cotton of his t-shirt, purring like the damn cat...

"Harry, what's wrong?"

Without letting me go, he shifted his weight. "I was worried sick! I thought something had happened to you!! And I thought... I was scared that the last conversation I'd have with you would be this morning..." Finally, he pulled away, only to tilt my face up to his, holding me captive in his gaze. "I'm sorry. I was an ass this morning... And I know I've been apologizing a lot lately, for some really stupid stuff, but... Well... I'm sorry... No matter what is going on, it's not okay for me to take it out on you..."

I was rendered speechless. What had I just walked into?!?

For a moment we just stood there, our eyes locked as his hands continued to hold me still. The look in his eyes, the longing... As if he wanted something so bad, but was afraid to ask for it...

Little did he know, I wanted something too...

With a quick clearing of his throat, Harry stepped away from me, noticing the bags that had fallen from my hands.

"You were shopping?" His eyes met mine again, his brows raised. I never went shopping... Probably the only female on the planet that didn't excel in that particular art, I'd never been a big fan of it. But, with Gemma and Britney egging me on, I'd actually done it.

This was all part of their "master" plan to get Harry. First, they'd taken me to some really nice shop that was down the street from the bar. There, I'd found the perfect red dress to wear for my birthday dinner on Friday. It was long, with a slit that ran up my right leg, almost to the top of my thigh. The bodice was cut like a halter, with an open back that dipped dangerously low. But, while they had gushed over the way it hugged my curves, accentuating my waist and the flare of my hips, I'd fallen in love with the elegance of the dress, and the way it made me feel... Beautiful, sexy, and classy all at the same time.

That purchase had been easy. However, after that, the girls really took me out of my comfort zone. They'd gotten me a silk robe, that looked almost like a kimono, and fell to just above my knees. According to Gemma, I was to wear this robe around Harry, instead of the old soft robe I usually donned. I liked my robe, but she'd said that I needed Harry to see me in a different light... As a woman, instead of a sister.

We'd also gone into a local adult store, where amid my protests, they'd grabbed an array of goodies that I still hadn't had the chance to actually look through...

And after Britney had been called back to work, Gemma went wild with me, taking me shopping at Victoria's Secret, buying out nearly every thong set they had, and insisting that I also get a pair of satin pajamas to once again, replace my cotton ones. She swore by them, talking about how great they felt against her skin, but I just wondered at their ability to keep me warm enough.

Through it all, they told me things to do, ways to grab Harry's attention without being obvious. I was to do all of this for the next three days, until my birthday dinner, when, according to Britney, the dress would be the final straw...

I still felt like I was playing with fire by doing all of this, but the way he'd just looked at me was all of the convincing I needed... I was going to do this.

"Yes. Gemma took me."

Bending down to pick up each bag individually before handing them back to me, he shook his head, laughing. "I don't even want to think about what she talked you into buying..."

The sound of his laughter warmed my heart. This turn around was almost bi-polar, and didn't make much sense to me, but it seemed as though I was finally going to get MY Harry back.

And if the plan worked, I might actually get ALL of him...