Lie To Me-Chapter 71

As Ed continued to sing on stage, I turned in Harry's arms, sliding my hands up over his shoulders as I softly sang along.

"I need you darling. Come on, set the tone. If you feel you're falling, won't you let me know..."

I smirked at him, taking my lower lip between my teeth, silently challenging him to sing with me, as our bodies moved against each other, teasing us both mercilessly.

And he did. "If you love me, come on, get involved. Feel it rushing through you, from your head to toe..."

But, before we could continue, I felt hands come around my waist...and they were obviously not Harry's... I nearly screamed as I was lifted up and pulled back, an all-too-familiar tattooed arm wrapped around my waist.

"Liam!!!" I couldn't help the laughter that erupted as I tried to scold him. "Put me down!!!"

Setting me gently between him and Niall, he nudged my arm as I did a once over on my dress to be sure I was still covered. "Our part is coming up!"

Listening for a moment, I smiled. He wasn't lying, and looking at the two of them, I couldn't help but laugh at the memory of just how this had became our part...

Being a massive fan of Ed's, I'd learned the lyrics to "Sing" within twenty-four hours of the song being released. I could sing the whole thing in my sleep, including the rap in the middle.

Liam and Niall had laughed at how excited I'd gotten the last time we were at the Funky Buddha and the song had come on. But, I'd blown them both away with my ability to keep up with them as they rapped to the music, and before I knew it, that had become our part, a special memory that I would always cherish...

So there we stood, nearly shoulder to shoulder with our friends standing watch, laughter already covering their faces. With a look to my left and another to my right, we nodded together, and let our inner rappers emerge.

"This love is a blaze. I saw flames from the side of the stage, and the fire brigade comes in a couple of days. Until then we got nothing to say and nothing to know, but something to drink and maybe something to smoke...

Let it go until our roads'll change, singing we found love in a local rave... No, I don't really know what I'm supposed to say, but I can just figure it out and hope and pray.

I told her my name and said, 'It's nice to meet ya.' Then she handed me of a bottle of water filled with tequila. I already know she's a keeper, just from this one small act of kindness, I'm in...deep. If anybody finds out, I meant to drive home but I've drunk all of it now, no. Sobering up we just sit on the couch. One thing led to another, now she's kissing my mouth."

As the chorus began again, amid the laughter and cheers of our friends, the boys hugged me tight before letting me move back to Harry's side. My eyes met Bree's, the shocked look on her face making me laugh.

She'd never seen me like this before, so crazy, so free, so...fun. Back home, I wouldn't have even dreamed of doing something like that! I just never had the guts to be silly, or make a fool of myself in front of God only knows how many people. I'd always been so scared, so concerned as to what people might say about me, how they might react.

But, I was different now...wasn't afraid to be myself anymore. I was stronger, braver, bolder...

When Ed's performance came to an end, and our cheering finally died down, Harry pulled me closer, his hand gently sliding across my back, allowing his fingers to tease the skin at my waist. "Now... Where were we...?"

Speaking of being bold...

A smirk played on my face as I got back to my plan. Ahh, yes... Harry's payback...

"I have to go to the bathroom."

He laughed at my response, "Not exactly where MY mind was at, but okay."

Doing my best to act as innocent as possible, I turned to him, placing a hand on his chest. "Go with me?"

"To the bathroom?" His brows furrowed in confusion.

"Yes. I know that's usually a girl thing, but..." I gave my best fearful look toward the bathrooms. "I just want to make sure it's safe."

Following my line of sight, he took in the amount of people I'd have to walk through to get to the bathrooms, and I could see it in his face, the exact moment he fell into my trap.

"Okay, Lee. I'll take you."

Tucking me under his arm, he interrupted Gemma and Niall, who were apparently dying because of something hilarious that Louis' had said. "Hey, I'm taking Riley to the ladies'. We'll be right back."

Niall nodded his head, pretty much ignoring everything Harry'd told him, but Gemma, the damn smart woman, only had to take one look at me to know I had much more planned than a simple trip to the bathroom.

Her eyes narrowed. "Uh huh... And how long should I give you before I send out a search party?" She looked at me, waiting to hear my response. But, Harry beat me to it.

"Oh, we should only be a few minutes."

Knowing the evil smile she wore, I quickly drug Harry away from the group before she could respond.

His laughter filled my ears as I pulled him behind me, dodging and swerving around people, excusing myself left and right. "Calm down, Lee! We'll get there!"

If only he knew...

My desire to get to the bathroom had nothing to do with actually using it, and everything to do with Harry...

Harry...and all the things I'd wanted to do to him since he'd had me pinned beneath him on that couch...

Note: Hello my loves!!! I'm writing this with a request to bear with me... I know this chapter is not very long, and also not my best... But, I had a bit of a mishap, and deleted what I'd started writing for this chapter. 😩 It was a bit difficult to pick my pace back up, but I think I've finally found my flow again, so you should expect the next update to be sometime tomorrow!!

Also, if any of you are not familiar with Ed Sheeran's "Sing", I HIGHLY suggest you listen to it!! I love that song SO much, and I find it to be quite fitting here, with Riley and Harry being stuck in the club, still unable to keep their hands off each other!! Lol!!

I love you all SO much!! And thank you for the continued support!!! ❤️