Lie To Me-Chapter 39

I was just starting to mix the now cooked chicken, cheese, and other fillings together when Liam entered the kitchen.

"Goodness, it already smells great! Can I help?"

Turning to face him, I left the spoon in the bowl, and stretched out my arms with a smile. "First off, you can give me a hug. After that, we'll talk about helping."

Laughing, he stepped into my arms, giving me a squeezing hug as he spun me around in a circle. "Hello, Beautiful! It's been too long!"

"Well, if somebody didn't move into the Funky Buddha during his break, it might not have been!!" I giggled in his ear, making him laugh.

After he finally set me back down, we got to work. Liam would get the tortillas ready, while I scooped out the mix, and then he would wrap them when I was done. As we worked, he told me about what he'd been up to lately and caught me up on how things were going with Sophia, thanking me yet again for helping her work through all the hate she'd received when they first started dating.

Turning to grab something from the fridge, I jumped. "Louis!!"

He looked up from where he'd been lounging at the table, playing on his phone. "What?!?"

My hands immediately went to my hips again. "You scared the hell out of me! Just how long have you been sitting there?!? And thanks for offering to help, by the way!!" His smile made me laugh, even while scolding him. "You guys are doing great! Keep up the good work!" He gave me a thumbs up, and went back to whatever it was he was doing.

"What's going on down here?"

Turning to look, I saw Harry make his way down the stairs, with a brow raised. Damn... With his hair still wet from the shower, his curls a wild mass around his head, a barely buttoned plaid shirt allowing his tattoos to peek out, and a tilted smile, he looked good enough to eat... Forget taquitos. I knew exactly what I wanted... My breath caught, and before I could unglue my tongue from the roof of my mouth, Louis spoke for me.

"Your wife is being rather bossy right now..."

My jaw dropped as I turned back to Louis. "I AM NOT!!!"

Without lifting his head, his eyes met mine, a knowing smirk on his face. "Not bossy? Or not his wife?"

Laughing along with him, Harry stepped closer, moving in to press a kiss to the top of my head.

"Yeah... She gets like that sometimes..."

With a giggled huff, I pushed him away, glaring at both of them before heading back over to the stove. Liam welcomed me with a sweet smile, and as we got back to work, I leaned in closer to him, speaking loudly enough to be heard by the other two, but low enough to make them think I was trying to be secretive. "Well, Liam... Looks like it's just you and me having cookies tonight."

The immediate groans, apologies, and I love you's coming from the other room made me laugh. "That's what I thought..."

With Liam's continued help, I got everything into the oven, and put the dirty dishes in the sink. Grabbing a couple beers from the fridge, I met the boys at the table, taking a seat next to Harry. "So, what's the plan for tonight? Are you guys just over here to hang out, or...?"

Liam grumbled, "Well, I wanted to take everyone to the Funky Buddha, but nooo..."

"No, Liam." Louis turned to me as he spoke, a wicked smile creeping across his face. "We're having a poker night. A...special poker night..."

With wide eyes, I looked at Harry, so many possible scenarios running through my mind... "Just what do you mean by...special?"

Hey guys!!! Sorry for the late, and small update!!! Yesterday was a rough one, so I wasn't able to get much writing done... But, I'm hoping to get another chapter finished today and have it posted either tonight, or tomorrow morning!! I'm getting so excited, cause with each chapter we're getting closer and closer to Riley's birthday party!! So... Any thoughts? Predictions? I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!!! And for those that celebrate it, HAPPY EASTER!!! ❤️