Lie To Me-Chapter 34

After taking my things upstairs, and removing the ten thousand tags they seem to put on everything these days, I gathered up all of the lingerie Gemma and I had picked out. I needed to get them into the washer quickly. Wednesdays were Harry's laundry day, so if I wanted these hanging up in the laundry room for him to see tomorrow morning, I had to get them washed before I went to bed.

"What are you doing?"

I was just setting the washer on the hand wash cycle when I heard him call from the living room, my heart racing at the thought of him walking in on my "unmentionables" hanging to dry.

"Uh... Nothing! Just tossing in some of my new clothes!"

"Don't forget! That washer is mine tomorrow!!"

Laughing, I made my way into the living room, where he sat lazily watching tv. "Oh, yeah? And what if I decide that I'd rather do laundry tomorrow instead? Whatcha gonna do about it?"

When my eyes met his, I stopped in my tracks. His brows were raised, a hint of a smile curved his lips, "You really want to ask that question, Riley? Don't you know what happens when you challenge me?"

Putting my hands up in defense, I took a step back. "Harry... Don't..."

He placed the remote on the side table, standing up slowly, a full smirk breaking out across his face.

"Don't what? I'm just standing up..."

I watched him, ready to run at the slightest movement in my direction. "Remember what happened last time... You had to go but a whole new coffee table, and...and... Harry!!!"

His smile widened, and he shifted his feet. Shit...

With a scream, I took off, running toward the kitchen with him hot on my heels, his laughter echoing against the walls.

Yep, Harry was definitely back, and apparently feeling quite playful... He hadn't chased me like this in ages!! And although I was running for my life, scrambling my way up the stairs, I couldn't help the smile on my face, the laughter bubbling up from my throat. It was just like old times, and I was loving every minute...

When I was getting ready to pass the door to his room, he caught up to me, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me against him. With a shriek of surprise, I fought against him, but the damn man was just too strong... He pushed the two of us through the doorway and into his room, tossing me onto the bed before jumping on top of me, straddling my legs and pinning my arms above my head.

My body heated at the position I was in... Held beneath him with my arms above me, completely at his mercy, while we both panted for air. It would be so easy... If he'd just lean forward a little more... Press me into the bed a little harder...

For a moment, he seemed to be thinking the same thing I was, but as his heated gaze broke into a smile, his eyes twinkling with mischief, his hands slowly slid down my arms.

"So, who gets the washer and dryer tomorrow?"

I looked up at him, pursing my lips, "Hmm... I do?"

He laughed at my bravado. "Oh, Riley... Always having to learn the hard way..."

Seconds later, he was tickling me, my screams and laughter filling the room as I tried to fight him off, wrestling like children fighting over their favorite toy.

My stomach hurt from laughing, my muscles straining with exhaustion. God, he was strong!! I could see the bunch and flex of his arms, his stomach...the way his tattoos shifted with his skin...

Holy...

Needing to stop this before I lost all control, I gave up, letting him pin me once again.

"Harry stop!! I can't take anymore!!"

With heavy breaths, he smiled in triumph. "So... Who gets the washer and dryer tomorrow?!?"

"You do! You get it!"

Tossing a fist in the air, he fell to my side, the both of us struggling to catch our breaths.

"Did you get stronger? Or do I need to start working out more?" Harry breathlessly laughed at himself, and damn it, even THAT was affecting me...

Trying to avoid falling victim to his adorable nature, I focused on remembering the plan, and let out my own breathless giggle. "Funny... I was asking myself the same question about you."